Great start, now we need our Supporters back !!

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Great start, now we need our Supporters back !!

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:44 am

Sunday was brilliant, it was great to get our assault on “Ten in a Row” off to such a positive start, but there is a long way to go to achieve our target. It was also brilliant to see Awesome Odsonne back at his best, the Big Bhoy is Poetry in Motion when in that kind of form, hopefully he is here for the entire season.

Our next target has to be getting Supporters back into the Stadium to give the team that unique backing that has carried us to so many successes in the past, eleven trophies in a row, and heading for twelve before Christmas. There is no limit to what this Club can achieve.

Getting our Supporters back in will create its own problems, assuming that it will be a greatly reduced capacity. How will the club decide which season ticket holders would get the chance to attend? I suppose a lot will depend on the numbers allowed. If it’s only in the region of 1,000, that would be a real problem, I believe the Polish League were hoping for 25%, and the Finnish League was hoping for 30%, we can only guess what the number will be in Scotland.

Obviously with Celtic Park being the biggest Football Stadium I would expect us to be allowed the biggest crowd, having said that I wouldn’t bet on it. It has to be based on % of capacity, not just a number plucked out of the air, for instance the likes of Ross County or St Mirren who have smaller stadiums. I would also assume there would be no away supporters, at least to start with.

Celtic Park can be configured many different ways to accommodate different crowd scenarios. With a bit of creative thinking we could dissect the park into about twenty different areas, with surely about 1,000 in each area. That would allow about 40% of season ticket holders to attend about every second or third home match, not great but better than present. And always remembering that the safety of everyone is paramount.

I suppose we would also have a problem with priority, supporters who pay big money for Hospitality access would think they should get a priority, and I suppose it’s hard to argue if someone to paying in excess of £50,000 per season. That will be a problem for the Club to solve. I’m sure the Club as always will consult the main Supporters Organisation’s for their views as well.

I’m desperate to get back following the team. But I can honestly state this categorically. If by my not being able to attend the team was guaranteed “Ten in a Row” then I would gladly take a back seat in the house. The Team and their continued success is the most important factor in me being a Celtic Supporter for over sixty years.
Take care everyone and stay safe.

Return to “CSA News”