A sad loss for the Association, and for the Celtic Family

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

A sad loss for the Association, and for the Celtic Family

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:07 pm

It was with great sadness that we heard yesterday of the passing of the Celtic Supporters Association Treasurer Andy McMahon. Andy fought a long brave battle with illness over the last couple of years, a battle he faced with great dignity, and no shortage of his great sense of humour, even when he was struggling with his treatment.

Andy was Association Treasurer for more than a decade, and was a great servant, not only as Treasurer, but in all aspects of work within the Executive Committee. Andy was a very clever man, he was very comfortable in his role, and was very comfortable in his own skin. He was very opinionated, and was never shy of voicing his opinion whenever the occasion needed it.

Andy was also a very valued member of the Dennistoun No 1 Celtic Supporters Club, he had been a member for most of his life, and played a very active part in all Branch activities, including their yearly day out in the summer, I am delighted that this year they chose our club in Port Glasgow as the venue, and I got to enjoy a wee drink with him.

As you can imagine Andy was a passionate Celtic Supporter, and attended every game, both home and away. I met him outside the park before the recent match against Ross County, and although he had not being doing too good, he only wanted talk about the Celtic, he would always say when asked about his health, ach I’m doing fine, a “GIANT” of a man who will be missed by everyone who knew him.

Andy is survived by his lovely Wife Liz, his Daughter Sharon, and his Son Andrew, who has to make a heart-breaking journey home from Dubai. May God Bless and protect them all at this very sad time.

Requiescat in aeternum pace Andy. “They never die who live in the hearts they leave behind”

Return to “CSA News”