We need our Supporters backing more than ever.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

We need our Supporters backing more than ever.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:06 pm

Through the easing of the pandemic restrictions the Executive Committee of the Celtic Supporters Association managed to meet up in somewhat close to normal circumstances. We will be holding a delegates meeting of our member branches this coming Sunday June 27th in our London Road Social club.

Everyone agrees that last season was a great disappointment to all Celtic Supporters, everything that could go wrong, actually did go wrong. To go from Quadruple Treble winners to a trophy-less season, was absolutely devastating, and certainly hard to take, but it is what it is now, we can’t turn the clock back, we need to look forward.

We know there was division amongst some of our support. And that’s understandable, but we need to move forward as one, we need to unite behind the Club. There are big changes inside the Club, in both the playing side and the management side, there will be a big turnaround of players, some big names will leave, and obviously some new faces will come in, they will need our support.

We welcome Dom McKay and Ange Postecoglou, let’s hope they bring back the success we have been accustomed to over many years, but they can only do that with the backing of our supporters. Because of the losses due to the pandemic it might be we need investment in the club, one thing we certainly need is for our supporters to do what they have always done, and that is to support the club in the best way we can, mostly through buying season tickets.

I understand that some supporters may have lost their job, or been put on reduced hours, we need to try to find a way to help them if possible, supporters who have held season tickets for many years and now find themselves in financial difficulties, deserve our help. I don’t know how we can achieve that, but there are people much smarter than me within the club who may come up with an answer.

The most important part of the club outside of the playing squad is our supporters. They have proved over many years that with the backing of our magnificent support we can beat any team, and achieve any goal. Let’s hope that in the next few weeks everyone can get their vaccinations, and we can get back to a full Celtic Park. We function much better with the backing of the supporters, we need every Celtic Supporter, just as much as we need every player or manager. The sum of all the parts will always be greater than any individual unit.
Let’s turn Glasgow Green & White one again.

Kiwibhoy

Re: We need our Supporters backing more than ever.

Postby Kiwibhoy » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:42 am

Hi (back in this forum for the first time in a while):

What was the reason for appointing Dom McKay as CEO? He's come from Scottish Rugby, where the commercial environment is very different to that applying in Scottish football, and where the fanbase is very different as well. I wonder if he will struggle to get his head round the politics of football in Scotland, which impacts on everything else. Thoughts?

Stanshoops

Postby Stanshoops » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:07 pm

Hi
Must be something in the air as I've not posted for a long time either..
Joe, I respect your enthusiasm and that you want to encourage supporters back to Paradise to get behind the team, and you are so correct everything that could go wrong did... spectacularly... However unfortunately many of our supporters club members and the wider support are devastated by that collapse and are finding it very difficult to just "forget the past" and heed your call to just "look forward". There is so much more to it than that and I am not going to go into it too much here as there are thousands of opinions out there on the various Celtic blogs on the reasons and the solutions.

Can I suggest that I really would hope that in your next post that you might also at least try to cast a bit more of a critical eye over that absolute shambles of a season and maybe try to connect with the members and wider support on why/how our Club/board could manage to throw away such a massive footballing and financial advantage and end up where we are today. I think you will get plenty of replies and engagement on that subject which might help us all.

Just saying.

Kiwibhoy

Postby Kiwibhoy » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:42 pm

We could be shaping up for a very long season ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57951053

That said, I have a theory that the issues at Celtic are reflective of deeper issues in Scottish football as a whole - the game is not nearly as strong in Scotland as we think. Exhibit A: much of the national team plays in England.

Kiwibhoy

Postby Kiwibhoy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:42 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58563058

And - curiouser and curiouser - what happened to Dom McKay?

Return to “CSA News”