Parity of Punishment is required !!

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Parity of Punishment is required !!

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:13 pm

We knew right from the start of the season that this was going to be the most difficult season of the last decade. We knew that a lot of clubs and supporters outside of Celtic Football Club would like to see us fail in our attempt to win “Ten in a Row”. We also knew that the match officials would for the most part feel the same, and as in the days of the Lisbon Lions, we would need to be exceptional to achieve our goal.

You would like to think that the Scottish Government would be above all that, well I think we will find out very shortly whether that is the case or not. I said at the time of the Bolingoli incident that the postponing of our next two matches versus St Mirren and Aberdeen was done as a punishment, let’s see if the same punishment is used and applied to Rangers for their player’s breaches of Covid-19 protocols.

Kris Boyd can claim all he wants that this situation is different because the players concerned didn’t mix with other squad members after the party they attended, that would be correct if the punishment meted out to Celtic was due to a possibility of transmission because of Bolingoli’s actions, but it wasn’t, because if that was the case the Kilmarnock squad would have had to isolate as well to reduce the risk of transmission through them, so therefore it was as a punishment to Celtic. In fact Sturgeon actually dished out a Yellow Card to Celtic on national television, and warned that a red would follow any further indiscretion.

There has been a lot of stuff on social media regarding the breaches, there were claims that up to seven players might have attended the party. There were also a claim of Rangers trying to cover up for the others by using their influence in the media. I have no idea whether that is true or not, and quite frankly don’t care. The situation is that two players have admitted breaching the rules, and that puts Rangers in the same boat as Celtic and Aberdeen, and therefore should be subject to the same “Punishment”.

I’m pretty sure Peter Lawwell will be monitoring the situation very closely. We have had a bad hand dealt to us since the International break, we lost the services of four major players through no fault of our own. We then went four matches without a victory, but after Sunday’s performance against Aberdeen, we look to be back to nearing our best again. We have the chance of a Quadruple Treble now on December 20th. Hopefully our bad run is behind us now and we can look forward to seeing the real Celtic completing even more History.

Return to “CSA News”