It's all about the season ahead of us !!!

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

It's all about the season ahead of us !!!

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:41 pm

Well it won’t be long now until the start of the football season, if only we were back to normal and had all our supporters in the stadium, it will be a big loss to our players not having 60,000 cheering them on at Celtic Park, the home of the Two Times Nine in a Row Champions.

We had a good work out in the little mini-tournament in Lyon. It would have been great for the players to get some competitive football under their belts. It was also good for some of our fringe players to get a fair bit of game time. The whole exercise of pre-season is to get our players match fit for when the real football starts.

The next game versus PSG will be a bigger test, this is a team with real genuine quality in their ranks, this is a game for our strongest selection, and it is the opportunity to test ourselves against one of the top sides in Europe, let’s hope for a good display and no injuries.

We are still a couple of players short in the squad for our quest for 10 in a Row, but I’m sure that will change pretty soon. The shock for me was the decision by Big Fraser Forster to decline to come back for the chance of History, especially when the agreement was in place for him to get his full salary, modern footballers are different from the old days.

We have a lot to look forward to in the coming season, we have the chance to create more History, we are all in this together, so let’s get it done, no distractions whatsoever. Certainly one Big Bonus is the new Adidas deal, the images I have seen online look real quality, they will sell in big numbers, which is great for the Club, and the supporters.

It will certainly be strange Celtic playing competitive football and myself and many others won’t be there. But it is what it is, we just have to get on with it. This trip to France will be very beneficial to all the players and staff, let’s get off to a winning start in a couple of weeks.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Return to “CSA News”