Celtic Fans Support Africa

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Celtic Fans Support Africa

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:00 pm

I had the great pleasure before the game against the huns of presenting a cheque for £4,500 to Father Willie Brandon of the Society of Afican Missions, this was the latest donation to the Walfrid Well's Fund, we have donated £35,000 to date.
the fund was started almost two years ago to provide clean water to villages in Africa, mainly in Northern Nigeria, as we all know water is the most precious commodity needed to sustain any form of life, and its in very short supply in Afica. It takes about £250 to dig a well, but once its done the service it gives to a village cannot be over stressed, kids can have clean water not only to drink and make food with, but it also lets them be able to wash themselves, it is used in the everyday day life that we take for granted.
we presented the cheque in the company of the Port Glasgow Harp CSC, this is a club which has a great tradition of making donations to worthy causes, every year John Mc Gachy and Davie Mc Vey hold a dance and all proceeds go to charity, i would invite all clubs to donate a well to someone you think worthy, maybe to your members, or to a member who has passed away, i can assure you that every penny donated goes to Africa, all expenses are paid by the Association, if you need any further information, click on the link at the top of the page, or feel free to contact me.

jimbob

Re: Celtic Fans Support Africa

Postby jimbob » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:34 pm

[URL="http://www.celticsupporterassoc.co.uk/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=36"][/URL:92ada365] Bhoys and Ghirls of the Port Glasgow Harp CSC

gert/canada

Postby gert/canada » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:37 am

Joe, l think the charity work done by my celtic brothers from Port Glasgow Harp and by all fellow celt,s all over the world is tremendous. This effort by tims everywhere to allow our unfortunate brothers and sisters from Africa fresh drinking water is indeed a gift of life , This is why l,am now going to request to my supporters club here in Canada that we to should contribute to this worthy and righteous cause . You will be hearing from me soon on this matter my friend .
hail hail Gert

gert/canada

Postby gert/canada » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:42 am

Joe , l,d like to pay respect,s also to my fellow sisters at the Port Harp l forgot to mention them in my last post .
Gert T.C.S.C

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:42 am

Thanks for that Gert, i hope you are the first of many, there is still much work to be done in Africa, my own club, the Fenian Alley Bhoys, Port Glasgow are holding a charity dance on April 17th, all proceeds will be divided between the local Lourdes Group and the Walfrid Well's, i would invite all Celtic supporters to support this very worthy cause, i have thank you letters from Priests in many of the villages we have managed to help, but as always, we can do more, hope fully this years Celtic Rally which is being held at Celtic Park will be able to donate a few more well's. Let me take this oppertunity to thank those who have alreay donated, and keep up the good work, Brother Walfrid would be very proud, "You'll Never Walk Alone"

Tosh7

Postby Tosh7 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Joe I'm going to send you a PM shortly in regards to this, keep a wee eye out for it :good:

Fantastic work, well done!!

Return to “CSA News”