The Government reaction was to Punish Celtic !!

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

The Government reaction was to Punish Celtic !!

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:11 pm

I don’t exactly know how intelligent Boli Bolingoli is or what academic qualifications he has, but it’s pretty clear he’s not the sharpest tool in the box. What he did last week was absolutely horrendous, it’s pretty clear all his brains are in his feet, and only in his left foot at that.

I really don’t know how Boli can come back after what he did, he could have put our whole season’s objectives in jeopardy. But then again he is an asset to the club, and if he isn’t going to play again for us then we must try to maximise the financial compensation we can get for him, a tricky situation at best.

What concerns me more was the reaction of Nicola Sturgeon, and how she decided to handle the situation. There is no question that Bolingoli broke the rules, but how should Sturgeon have reacted to that? Bolingoli tested negative, as did the rest of the Celtic and Kilmarnock staff, so it would appear there was no immediate expectation of any transmission.

What the First Minister and her advisor decided to do, was to “Punish” Celtic, there is no other way to interpret their actions. If it was about health & safety they would need to have postponed Kilmarnock’s fixtures as well, but they didn’t. Sturgeon and Leitch made a decision that could have had implications for Celtic in the Champions League, hopefully it won’t.

Another worrying situation is, when did the Daily Record and the Sun find out about Bolingoli? He returned to Scotland last Tuesday, did the two of those Rags sit on the story hoping Boli would take part at Kilmarnock? If that is the case they should be banned for life, and mainly because they allowed the possible transmission of a deadly virus throughout our Club and Kilmarnock.

I am mad that we now have another two matches to fit into an already crammed fixture list. But I’m not despondent about our chances of achieving our targets. We must galvanise ourselves into an unbeatable force for the rest of the season. That’s the way it should always be, it’s us against the rest. We will succeed.

Return to “CSA News”