it's called Freedom of Choice. Congratulations to the Kano Foundation.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

it's called Freedom of Choice. Congratulations to the Kano Foundation.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:40 pm

As expected there was a wee hangover from Thursday night’s endeavours, so we didn’t hit the heights, but still won comfortably enough in the end. Another record achieved by being the first Scottish team to qualify for the knock-out stages with two games to spare. We just need to make sure we win the group now that would be brilliant.

Talking about our endeavours in the Eternal City of Rome, and our game yesterday, and in fact all the games over the weekend, it makes you wonder where the most Fascist watch their football. We were treated to the usual Poppy Mania, which is getting longer and longer every year, and why it has crept into football is strange, if not sinister in Scotland.

I have no problem with people who choose to wear the Poppy, I also have no problem with people who choose not to wear one, is that not what freedom of choice is all about? It is the same with holding a minutes silence for the right reasons, if people don’t want to observe it and choose to stay away from it then that’s fine, as long as they don’t interrupt it.

The internet was going ballistic last night because that’s apparently what the Green Brigade did, stayed in the concourse for the minute’s silence, I don’t know if that was the case, you would need to ask them about that, but if they did, then it’s their choice. I certainly don’t agree with everything they do, like some songs, and the pyro’s, but they do a lot of good work too, and deserve credit for that.

Talking about Pyro, I am totally against them, I don’t really see what they bring, but from a health and safety perspective, I 100% oppose the use of them. Then look at the other side of the city, they have public servants firing a big cannon at the side of the pitch, and that’s ok, they are also filmed singing sectarian/racist songs, and that’s also alright, and I’m talking about the public servants who want us all to show them respect. Hypocrisy just doesn’t cover it.

Now let’s mention a Force for Good who reached a milestone at yesterday’s game at Celtic Park. The Kano Foundation took their 10,000th child to Celtic Park free of charge, the modern day equivalent of me getting punted over the turnstile by my older Brother in the mid-fifties. These volunteers have been giving up their own free time since season 2010/11, they started with about 40 season tickets, and they now have 186 season tickets. Football free for Children, proper education.

Not only do these kids get to come and watch Celtic for free, they also receive a goody bag with a Kano Foundation Scarf, crisps, juice, and sweets, and for good measure a voucher to spend at the kiosk themselves. I have the greatest respect for Joe Mackin and all his other Trustees and Volunteers, it is not easy to hand over your kid to some stranger, but the Kano Foundation has built a magnificent reputation, those kids return to their homes with more than their new scarf, they return home with wonderful memories, some of them as their first visit to Celtic Park, and for most of them the first of many. You not only play football the Glasgow Celtic way, you support your team the Glasgow Celtic way. Here’s to the next 10,000. Keep up the great work.

Return to “CSA News”