Well said Ronny, tell it like it is.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Well said Ronny, tell it like it is.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:09 pm

I attended the press conference on Friday to officially announce the appointment of Ronny Deila as the new manager of Glasgow Celtic Football Club.

I have to say I was very impressed by Ronny, both in his appearance and by how he conducted the press conference, certainly the biggest he’ll have done in his career so far.

I believe as he says himself he will add a new energy to the club, he is obviously a very passionate manager; that is something our supporters can certainly connect with.

What we as supporters need to do now is play our part by giving him and the team our 100% backing.

Contrary to what some people would have us believe we are in a great place just now. I despair when I hear and read the comments from some so-called Celtic men, like Frank Mc Garvey and Andy Walker.

I don’t want Ronny to tell us all we are going to win the Champions League; I want him to tell me the truth. I don’t want him to tell me he is going to compete with Chelsea and Manchester City to sign players, I want him to recognise where we play and how he intends to maximise what we already have, and how we can improve.

He says he loves working with and improving players, that in my opinion is the coaches job, but it’s amazing how many don’t do the job in that manner, instead of improving what they have, they go and buy someone else.

As I said already we need to recognise where we are in the food chain. For a club like ours with restrictions put on us by the lack of revenue, we have done magnificently. We have one of the best and most iconic stadiums in Europe, and it’s improving every year. We have supporters which are widely acclaimed as being the best in the world.

We have 126 years of unbroken untarnished history which is the envy of most clubs in world football. We have good reason to look to the future and believe we can continue to be the most dominant and successful team in Scotland.

I believe also that within the next decade we will be part of another league which will enhance our position even more on the football world stage.

So good luck Ronny, welcome to the Celtic Family, you’re in for some fantastic times that you could only have dreamed of.

Re: Well said Ronny, tell it like it is.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:08 pm

Need to get out more. Delis is a cost cutting manager because Kean seen the job and Celtic for what it is- playing in a one horse league with 11 other clubs that cannot afford a player around 50k, hammered in the Champions League 6-1 yet continue to downsize. Get real and as your article is called- tell it like it is?

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:36 am

The cheap option would have been Coyle or Mackay, no compensation, all about opinions. I would have taken Keane, but I don't think you can plan to far ahead with Roy.

Kiwibhoy

Postby Kiwibhoy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:07 pm

[URL:e62469e4]http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-legend-frank-mcgarvey-warns-3661480[/URL:e62469e4]
[URL:e62469e4]http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/20245/9339818/ronny-deila-joins-celtic-andy-walker-says-it-shows-club-ambitions[/URL:e62469e4]

Neither comment struck me as 'despairing'. Celtic has done [I:e62469e4]very[/I:e62469e4] well, given the revenue limitations facing the Scottish game as a whole, but the risks attached to the Champions' League participation are high.

Return to “CSA News”