Police praise for Celtic fans

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Police praise for Celtic fans

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:42 pm

After last weeks game versus Aalborg i heard from a good friend of mine John Dow,John now lives in denmark with his Danish wife and kids,and was lucky enough to be at the game with his daughter Sandra,he sent me this report from the local Aalborg paper,he obviously done the translation,i find it hard speaking English.
Aalborg town centre was full of Scottish Celtic fans,and they behaved very nicely.North Jutland's police had deployed extra personnel to patrol Aalborg town centre on Tuesday,the day the game was played at the Aalborg stadium.
There were many Celtic fans in the town bars,and many of them were intoxicated,but everything went peacefully.
"The Scottish fans behaved in an exemplary fashion"informed police inspector Stig Lundbo from North Jutland police in Aalborg.
A single Aab fan was arrested for a disturbance,but otherwise,everything went peacefully,inform the police.
Praise once again for the Greatest fans in the world,we get praised everywhere with the obvious exception of Scotland.
Thanks to my big mate John for that,keep up the good work big man,spreading the faith in Denmark.

jbd

Re: Police praise for Celtic fans

Postby jbd » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:42 pm

Thanks for the mention, mate!
I have to add that I fully agree with the police assessment of our behaviour. Even on such a heartbreaking evening, we held our heads high and behaved with dignity, hand in hand with the Danish fans. Onwards and upwards.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:50 pm

your welcome mate,will keep in touch
Joe

max

Postby max » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:50 pm

After last weeks game versus Aalborg i heard from a good friend of mine John Dow,John now lives in denmark with his Danish wife and kids,and was lucky enough to be at the game with his daughter Sandra,he sent me this report from the local Aalborg paper,he obviously done the translation,i find it hard speaking English.
Aalborg town centre was full of Scottish Celtic fans,and they behaved very nicely.North Jutland's police had deployed extra personnel to patrol Aalborg town centre on Tuesday,the day the game was played at the Aalborg stadium.
There were many Celtic fans in the town bars,and many of them were intoxicated,but everything went peacefully.
"The Scottish fans behaved in an exemplary fashion"informed police inspector Stig Lundbo from North Jutland police in Aalborg.
A single Aab fan was arrested for a disturbance,but otherwise,everything went peacefully,inform the police.
Praise once again for the Greatest fans in the world,we get praised everywhere with the obvious exception of Scotland.
Thanks to my big mate John for that,keep up the good work big man,spreading the faith in Denmark.

No more than THE REST of Europe has come to expect.
It seems to have slipped under the Scottish medias radar that one, funny that!

Return to “CSA News”