Scottish football is a Shambles.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Scottish football is a Shambles.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:12 pm

The last week or so as a Celtic Supporter has been very disheartening. I am still trying to work out whom to blame the most for our defeat to Ross County in the Semi-Final at the football embarrassment known as Hampden Park.

Apart from our own football deficiencies; I think we can say without doubt there were at least two major incidents during the game; obviously the penalty decision; and the second Ross County goal; you could argue there were more worthy of comment.

I have to say that if the penalty award was correct; then the red card that followed was also correct. I was at the back of the North Stand a fair bit away and didn’t have a great view; so at the time wasn’t sure; and there were mixed opinions of the supporters around me. One thing I do remember about Thomson; he awarded a penalty to Celtic at Aberdeen earlier in the season for a tackle on Leigh Griffiths by Andy Considine three yards from goal; but never showed the red card.

I tried to watch it of the telly at night (I won’t mention the show in case it gives them publicity) it was not conclusive there either; although Dumb & Dumber; the commentators tried to convince us the decision was correct.

The second incident involving the County second goal was more clear cut; it was a foul on Craig Gordon and should have been disallowed; but it’s Craig Thomson we are talking about here, and he’s a serial cheater when it comes to Celtic.

Other teams seem to get a better deal from referees; or should that have said team? I note there was another disallowed goal for Sevco’s opponents last night; it’s actually a wonder there is enough time for other teams to attack Sevco; i thought most of the match time would have been taken up by Waghorn taking penalties.

Maybe it’s something to do with intimidation, bullying, and threats; anybody who seems to be offside with the Sevco model seem to get a very hard time of it from certain sections of their support.

That of course includes certain journalists; and it’s no surprise who they are. I have not always agreed with Graham Speirs; but i have always thought he was honest and decent in his views; how he was treated by the Herald was a disgrace to the people who took that decision; even though that appears to have been done under duress.

As for the same paper’s sacking of Angela Haggerty, that was even worse, all she appeared to do was tweet her backing of a colleague; the other journalists at that paper should hang their heads in shame for failing to take some action in support of their colleague’s and free speech.

Then there is the football authorities at the SFA; what a shower of spineless useless people they are; cowards to the core. This type of intimidation has been going on for years and the brethren in blazers at the SFA have condoned it by their inaction and silence.

I have been following Celtic for over 60 years; and i love it; but i could walk away tomorrow (can’t today, going to Aberdeen) i am really totally disillusioned with Scottish Football and some of the people involved in it. These people are bringing Scottish Football to its knees with their incompetence and cowardice; i just wish we could organise the decent supporters into some form of coalition to get rid of them.

Re: Scottish football is a Shambles.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:17 pm

I share your exasperation and feeling of helplessness. Personally I can't really go on stressing like this, hating thst my hard earned cash helps prop up these corrupt and clueless organisations. I'm really starting to believe it's time for me to walk away and save mysel all this heartache and bitterness, it's doing me no good. After 45 years of going to watch Celtic I think this could well be my last year.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:55 pm

Perhaps if you stopped obsessing over "sevco" and actually took stock of your own club it may help? And talking of "sevco" try as I might I can find no club called "sevco" playing in any Scottish league. I found references to a company called "sevco" who took over Rangers Football Club several years ago ( a bit like Pacific Shelf 595 taking over Celtic Football Club in 94),but far as I can work out that name was changed to The Rangers Football Club Ltd soon after. It currently owns and operates Rangers Football Club (1872). I noticed this is confirmed on the official SPFL website and also the UEFA website,as well as being backed up by various other bodies and legal minds.
As I said,forget about Rangers,sorry "sevco",concentrate on your own club. The latest debacle against Ross County is just the latest in a long line of humiliations for your team and hapless manager,none of which has anything to do with Rangers,sorry "sevco". You lost to Country fair and square,indeed you were well beaten. And as for the Rangers,sorry "sevco" match,i was there,it was a clear foul and indeed the whole Rangers,sorry "sevco",team stopped playing soon as the ref blew his whistle. Although I have no idea why this match between Raith and this "new club" is of such interest to you. Hmmm.
The inferiority complex Celtic supporters display with this constant and never ending Rangers fixation is astounding.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:30 pm

The last week or so as a Celtic Supporter has been very disheartening. I am still trying to work out whom to blame the most for our defeat to Ross County in the Semi-Final at the football embarrassment known as Hampden Park.

Apart from our own football deficiencies; I think we can say without doubt there were at least two major incidents during the game; obviously the penalty decision; and the second Ross County goal; you could argue there were more worthy of comment.

I have to say that if the penalty award was correct; then the red card that followed was also correct. I was at the back of the North Stand a fair bit away and didn’t have a great view; so at the time wasn’t sure; and there were mixed opinions of the supporters around me. One thing I do remember about Thomson; he awarded a penalty to Celtic at Aberdeen earlier in the season for a tackle on Leigh Griffiths by Andy Considine three yards from goal; but never showed the red card.

I tried to watch it of the telly at night (I won’t mention the show in case it gives them publicity) it was not conclusive there either; although Dumb & Dumber; the commentators tried to convince us the decision was correct.

The second incident involving the County second goal was more clear cut; it was a foul on Craig Gordon and should have been disallowed; but it’s Craig Thomson we are talking about here, and he’s a serial cheater when it comes to Celtic.

Other teams seem to get a better deal from referees; or should that have said team? I note there was another disallowed goal for Sevco’s opponents last night; it’s actually a wonder there is enough time for other teams to attack Sevco; i thought most of the match time would have been taken up by Waghorn taking penalties.

Maybe it’s something to do with intimidation, bullying, and threats; anybody who seems to be offside with the Sevco model seem to get a very hard time of it from certain sections of their support.

That of course includes certain journalists; and it’s no surprise who they are. I have not always agreed with Graham Speirs; but i have always thought he was honest and decent in his views; how he was treated by the Herald was a disgrace to the people who took that decision; even though that appears to have been done under duress.

As for the same paper’s sacking of Angela Haggerty, that was even worse, all she appeared to do was tweet her backing of a colleague; the other journalists at that paper should hang their heads in shame for failing to take some action in support of their colleague’s and free speech.

Then there is the football authorities at the SFA; what a shower of spineless useless people they are; cowards to the core. This type of intimidation has been going on for years and the brethren in blazers at the SFA have condoned it by their inaction and silence.

I have been following Celtic for over 60 years; and i love it; but i could walk away tomorrow (can’t today, going to Aberdeen) i am really totally disillusioned with Scottish Football and some of the people involved in it. These people are bringing Scottish Football to its knees with their incompetence and cowardice; i just wish we could organise the decent supporters into some form of coalition to get rid of them.

Who you blaming for tonight? County deservedly beat you and so did Aberdeen.

You Celtic fans are hilarious........ Always cheated, never defeated!!!

Just admit it.......you're not very good!!!

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:23 pm

Hello there,

I wish to address the points made in your post. This is the first time I have written on this forum but I am genuinely concerned and disheartened by recent events around Celtic fc.

The problem at Celtic is not due to officials it is due to poor players and management. Today's team at pittodrie was the poorest I have seen in ten years. We did not lose against Ross county due to the referee but due to a player who makes bad decisions, efe Ambrose.

We lost at Aberdeen tonight as the team has no character and the tactics are always the same. Aberdeen did well and exploited Celtics weaknesses.

also, we have panic bought poor or suspect players; why buy Roberts when you have 5-6 midfielders in your squad. Why buy cictci and then put him out on loan? Because he lacks character and is not good enough. We also have five or six signings who do not play- blackett, christie, boerrigter, janko, Cole etc.

The board and Delia have failed. Both need to be replaced- don't blame anyone else.

Kiwibhoy

Postby Kiwibhoy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:54 am

What went wrong last night in Aberdeen? I have been through the [I:82545414]Scotsman[/I:82545414]'s coverage of the game, and of some off-field incidents. Not good reading.

Return to “CSA News”