Here we go again.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Here we go again.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Well that’s it, the World Cup is over and now we get back to the real football, “The Champions League” I mean that as a Celtic Supporter.

I always think it’s good to get a wee break away from it, when you go every week home and away it can take a bit out of you, and not just in terms of money. But it’s good to be back now, and it’s onwards and upwards.

This is where it all begins for Ronny Deila and John Collins; of course John knows what the pressure is like trying to achieve success with Celtic. I suppose the big lesson from the World Cup for them was supplied by the winners Germany, and that is, football is a team game.

It will be a bit strange for all Celtic people, we won’t be playing at our spiritual home of Celtic Park until August 16th, but that will be a new adventure in itself, bringing European Football to Murrayfield the home of Scottish Rugby.

We need the Champions League at Celtic; otherwise it would become tedious just playing domestic football. We are where we are in terms of Scottish Football, but that’s not to say we will always be playing there, it least we are continuing to play at the highest level.

I have always said, I go to the football to watch Glasgow Celtic play, unless we are playing a top European Team, then I want to see the best players play, like Xavi and Iniesta, Ronaldo and Pirlo.

I do not miss in any way the three so-called big teams who will play in the Championship this season, two of those teams are there for non-football reasons brought upon themselves by themselves.

So I want to wish Ronny and John and all the staff the very best for the season ahead, and I would encourage as many Celtic Supporters as possible to come out and support of great club. There is no better sight than that of the Celtic Support in full colour and song.

Kiwibhoy

Re: Here we go again.

Postby Kiwibhoy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:50 pm

The plot thickens:

[URL:d1a06746]http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/celtic-s-legia-defeat-on-cards-claims-lennon-1-3495269[/URL:d1a06746]

"Lack of investment may have been an issue". Translation: "without the money for good players, what on earth could I have done?"

Kiwibhoy

Re: Here we go again.

Postby Kiwibhoy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:37 pm

Down 6-1 on aggregate. How the hell did that happen?

More seriously, this illustrates in spades the point I've made several times, on this board, over the years; that spending a lot of money on players in the hope that it will be recovered in Champions' League monies is a high-risk strategy, and the current management are doing well to avoid it.

Return to “CSA News”