Celtic must not go back to being a selling club

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Celtic must not go back to being a selling club

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:50 pm

[SIZE=3:e95c186d]Even after the disappointment of the game against Arsenal, we can’t go back to the days of being a selling club, feeding the squads of English teams with our best players. There has been much talk of Spurs bidding for Scott Brown, now the laptop loyal wants them to buy Aiden Mc Geady as well, well we must not sell, we need to improve our squad not deplete it.[/SIZE:e95c186d]
[SIZE=3:e95c186d]This is virtually the same squad that lost the league last season, we have added three players who would appear to be first picks, but we need more players in certain positions, sure we can afford to sell fringe players who might not play, but can we afford to sell our best players who play week in week out?? I doubt it.[/SIZE:e95c186d]
[SIZE=3:e95c186d]We have started reasonably well with a good victory at Aberdeen, then came up against one of the best teams in Europe who were certainly the better team, but still needed two lucky goals to beat us.

Rupert The Tim

Re: Celtic must not go back to being a selling club

Postby Rupert The Tim » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:00 am

I agree wholeheartedly with all you say.

tim4life1997

Postby tim4life1997 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:43 pm

I never really rated mcgeady as a amazing player everyone says he is if we get 7 million for him its a great deal but if we were to sell scott brown then it would be very bad buisness
oh the rangers r..... weres the poo?

gert/canada

Postby gert/canada » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:24 am

tim4life1997 i dont know if you watch much of the celtic games but to suggest selling McGeady for 7 million is absurd . Two seasons ago he was the scottish player of the year ,last season the bust up with wgs set his game back a bit but he has started this season on fire . When the clubs down south are paying crazy money for players with far less talent on the down side of their careers our valuation of McGeady should be double that. Just listen to the men in charge of the republic,Aiden is now the main man in their set up.

paradise found

Postby paradise found » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:06 am

AIDEN £7M not a chance in hell who are spurs trying 2 kid when they paid £9m for donkey hutton.I would keep brown until at least january if he don:t pull up his socks by then punt him for the £8m.

max

Postby max » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:41 pm

Don't believe the hype (hype=Skinty moonbeams media manipulated laptop loyalist winalot poodles), there is only one SPL "selling club" in Glasgow and it's the same mob that aint a buying club either!!!

Return to “CSA News”