Respect our own Supporters and Club.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Respect our own Supporters and Club.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:36 pm

I was at a very cold Stair Park in Stranraer yesterday to watch Celtic progress to the next round of the Scottish Cup with a reasonably comfortable 3-0 win; the sad thing is the headlines aren’t about football.

I’ve said on here before, and i have the full backing of our member branches, the use of pyrotechnics needs to stop, and it needs to stop right away.

I was only yards away from the area where they seemed to be coming from yesterday, the people around me were like me of the senior variety, and all were of the opinion that it was unacceptable; in fact there were a few angry words exchanged.

The dangers to our own supporters alone make it unacceptable. We have many travelling supporters who suffer from respiratory problems; a lot of which were caused by many years working in shipyards and down mines; they deserve to be respected.

As this is an SFA authority tournament we will probably face a fine or sanctions of some form as well. A fantastic reputation built up over many years is being torn down by a small minority of our fans.

I really don’t know who is using the pyrotechnics; but I’m asking; for the benefit of our own fans to please stop

Re: Respect our own Supporters and Club.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:39 pm

I was at a very cold Stair Park in Stranraer yesterday to watch Celtic progress to the next round of the Scottish Cup with a reasonably comfortable 3-0 win; the sad thing is the headlines aren’t about football.

I’ve said on here before, and i have the full backing of our member branches, the use of pyrotechnics needs to stop, and it needs to stop right away.

I was only yards away from the area where they seemed to be coming from yesterday, the people around me were like me of the senior variety, and all were of the opinion that it was unacceptable; in fact there were a few angry words exchanged.

The dangers to our own supporters alone make it unacceptable. We have many travelling supporters who suffer from respiratory problems; a lot of which were caused by many years working in shipyards and down mines; they deserve to be respected.

As this is an SFA authority tournament we will probably face a fine or sanctions of some form as well. A fantastic reputation built up over many years is being torn down by a small minority of our fans.

I really don’t know who is using the pyrotechnics; but I’m asking; for the benefit of our own fans to please stop

Too right Joe; and what about; the IRA song book; any chance . you could condemn, them as, well ;;;; or was it ; a case of; selective hearing;;;

Re: Respect our own Supporters and Club.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:59 pm

Mr O'Rourke may I start this reply with the fact that I do not condone the use of pyrotechnics and fully support the Clubs stance on the matter, however I see this problem being the result of;
1. The way tickets are distributed by the Club
2. The way tickets are distributed by Supporters Clubs.

Let me explain my reasons for my opinion.
1. Having now been a season ticket holder now for 20 years and in that time I have attended Home, Away and Away European ties to watch/support Celtic. In that time I have received no offer of tickets from the club for Away or Away European ties. This I find to be astonishing. One reason for this for my lack of offers of tickets from the Club is that For years and I am sure many Celtic fans will agree with me here that "it is who you know at the Ticket Office which helps obtain tickets".
Therefore tickets I believe are falling into the wrong hands causing these issues we were season initially in our Away European ties and now in our domestic ties.

2. Supporters Clubs must share some of the blame for what is occurring at Away European and in domestic games with pyrotechnics as in my opinion tickets have been distributed to Supporters Clubs and these Clubs aware that they are distributing tickets to these known offenders simply because they have received tickets through the club and have simply wished to ensure tickets are sold.

The Club must review how tickets are distributed, fairly and Supporters Clubs must ensure tickets are distributed to fans who have no record of disturbance at games.

Tonybhoy

Return to “CSA News”