John Collins may have a point.

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

John Collins may have a point.

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:21 pm

I must admit i was a wee bit surprised to see the comments made by John Collins with regards to the other teams in the SPFL, while i would probably agree with him; my concern is that it will add an extra incentive to the other teams when they play against us.

What did not surprise me was the response from Derek McInnes; never slow to have a dig at anything to do with Celtic Football Club; well he was never good enough to do us any damage during his mediocre playing career.

He made several comments last season during the shambles surrounding the Aleksandar Tonev / Shay Logan incident; in fact his comments may well have had an influence on the ridiculous decision to find Tonev guilty when there was no evidence against him at all.

Going by the results of Scottish teams in Europe this season and in previous ones John Collins may have a point about the standard of Scottish Football. Inverness Caley Thistle, St Johnstone and Aberdeen are all already out; great for the co-efficient.

It will be left to Celtic again to try to get some success, we are not where we used to be in terms of what we spend on players; but we still have a very good squad; and I’m still very hopeful that we will reach the group stages of the Champions League.

It will be down to Celtic FC and our supporters to gain the success we crave; there will be no help whatsoever from anyone else in Scottish Football. So we must make sure we stand together; we have got off to a decent start; and if we all stick together we have a chance of success.

Kiwibhoy

Re: John Collins may have a point.

Postby Kiwibhoy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:35 pm

After last night, now what?

Frankly, it is no good for Celtic that the rest of the Scottish game is so weak.:mad:

Return to “CSA News”