Celtic versus The Highland League !!!!

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Celtic versus The Highland League !!!!

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:58 am

Remember when the West of Scotland was the hotbed of Scottish Football. We had in Glasgow alone, Celtic; Partick Thistle; Clyde; Queens Park; Third Lanark; we even had a team called Rangers; but they went the same way as Third Lanark ; Defunct.

Now it appears the hotbed of Scottish Football is the Highlands. The teams for the split have now been confirmed and Celtic is the only team in the six who are located south of Perth, another kick in the teeth for the travelling supporters of Celtic.

I know that every team started off level at the beginning of the season and the six teams with the most points make up the top tier after the split in the race for the title and European football places, but it’s getting ridiculous now the amount of travelling our supporters have to endure.

It now looks like a third trip to Inverness is on the cards, we will be sent up there at dark o’clock for a lunchtime kick-off; when the people who actually live in the city won’t even go to support their local team.

So what is the answer you might ask? Well to be brutally honest i don’t know; but we have to do something with regards to how much it cost a supporter who follows his team home and away every week.

The Celtic support are the backbone of Scottish Football, we contribute more than any other team to the coffers of Scottish Football; let’s see how many Inverness Caley supporters turn up at Hampden on Sunday; a couple of thousand at most i would think.

But what happened when Celtic tried to get a better deal for all the supporters, the other three teams opposed it. Celtic will be the only team left in the Scottish Cup who can sell out the North Stand at Hampden. If we manage to beat Inverness we will have visited Hampden at least four times this season; and we’ll have had more supporters in attendance than all the other teams put together; so what do we get for our attendance? A kick in the teeth; that’s what.

I would write once again to Stuart Regan; but i would be wasting my time. I thought when he came in he would make a difference; but he’s just the same as the brethren who have been carving it up for years; none more so than SFA President Campbell Ogilvie; corrupt to the core.

We are still waiting on their decision on Dodgy Dave; I don’t see much opposition coming from the SFA; except i hope from Peter Lawwell; and we have just lost one of the Honest Men in Turnbull Hutton.

It also looks like the SPFL are trying to keep the title race going as long as possible through their referees. Craig Thomson surely cannot be that bad a referee naturally; he has to be cheating; his last few displays in matches involving Celtic have been shocking. On Saturday there was hardly a bad tackle in the game and that clown booked seven players.

Something needs to be done before it all goes pear shaped. As a club Celtic need to reach the land of milk and honey which is the Champions League. Our supporters are sick of watching every team we play in Scotland playing a flat back ten formation; at least in Europe we see teams trying to actually win the match by playing football.

Finally as for the finances. Why don’t all the teams have reduced prices after the split as a reward to the supporters who have attended all season; it would help the travelling fans pay for their transport; and may encourage some more people to go.

Sligo tim

Re: Celtic versus The Highland League !!!!

Postby Sligo tim » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:54 pm

Joe agree with most of what you have stated, but when it comes to Thompson sorry he was the worse this season not once but three times, his display in semi-final to have been told to stand down shows what they thought, yet he got saturdays game absolute shocking, at least 3 ICT players could have had red cards for persisting fouls, as for aother player his attempts to get our players booked was shocking as well Christie ha ha, on another side I switched over to see the worse attempt of taking a penalty whe u needed 1 point for top 6 he was a joke, the keeper was waiting on ground before ball was rolled to him thats what were up against watch same player on Wednesday nite kick and fight for everything, RD needs a reality check time our players got street wise or as Jose Marino said after PSG they played CLEVER football in our day it was cheating

Re: Celtic versus The Highland League !!!!

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:25 pm

Joe agree with most of what you have stated, but when it comes to Thompson sorry he was the worse this season not once but three times, his display in semi-final to have been told to stand down shows what they thought, yet he got saturdays game absolute shocking, at least 3 ICT players could have had red cards for persisting fouls, as for aother player his attempts to get our players booked was shocking as well Christie ha ha, on another side I switched over to see the worse attempt of taking a penalty whe u needed 1 point for top 6 he was a joke, the keeper was waiting on ground before ball was rolled to him thats what were up against watch same player on Wednesday nite kick and fight for everything, RD needs a reality check time our players got street wise or as Jose Marino said after PSG they played CLEVER football in our day it was cheating

Our players are being booked for being blatantly fould and completely ignored when fouled in open play.
We may get the play haulled back for a f/k, say if Griff was bearing down on a 1:1 with the keeper, but do you seriousely think we would benefit from diving?

We'd be lucky to finish with six players on the pitch.

H H

Return to “CSA News”