shame

Main Forum Description
nelmo

shame

Postby nelmo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:51 am

will my 11 and 13yrs old boys be expected to be searched going in to ibrox like they have been the last three occasions,my youngest boy shaun asked me today what do they think i have got ive been to every game for years and been searched 3 times all at ibrox.:stop:

Joe O'Rourke

Re: shame

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:14 pm

[SIZE=2:e3247b53]I agree totally with what you say, i've discussed this with Ronnie Hawthorn (head of operations Celtic FC) on a few occasions, no later than a week ago, i attach a copy of his mail to me regarding the issue.[/SIZE:e3247b53]

[SIZE=2:e3247b53]Joe[/SIZE:e3247b53]

[SIZE=2:e3247b53]Re your enquiry on the searching of spectators at the above fixture I attended an Operations Meeting at Ibrox on Wednesday and raised the issue with Chief Superintendent Robin Howe the Match Commander and Alastair Anderson the Match Safety Officer representing Rangers FC. The stewarding company G4S were also present. The stated policy was that there would be random searches of spectators by police and qualified stewards (SIA licensed). It was made clear that this would apply to ALL spectators both Home and Away.[/SIZE:e3247b53]

[SIZE=2:e3247b53]Hope that this will be of assistance.[/SIZE:e3247b53]

[SIZE=2:e3247b53]Best regards[/SIZE:e3247b53]
[SIZE=2:e3247b53]Ronnie[/SIZE:e3247b53]

irish eyes

Re: shame

Postby irish eyes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:17 pm

On the point of the age of the boys mentioned in the original post. I remember going into the away Man Utd game a couple of seasons ago and the stewards had to make a point of asking the age of anyone they were about to search and I asked the stewards why they were asking. I was told there is an age limit and they cannot search anyone under a certain age (perhaps without permission, though I'm not totally sure of the rules). The point was though they couldn't just go ahead and do it - without checking.

I once asked at glasgow airport, on being asked to remove my shoes, how they decide who is asked and who is not and I was told it is RANDOM. Funnily enough when I'm leaving glasgow airport for away euro games, if I'm wearing CELTIC colours I have been asked to remove my trainers on EVERY trip, yet when I am NOT wearing CELTIC colours i have NEVER been asked to remove my shoes. What a coincidence eh? May I just state that I am NOT paranoid I am giving a factual account of when I travel.

Return to “Main Forum”