boycott the rags

Main Forum Description
offshorebhoy

boycott the rags

Postby offshorebhoy » Thu May 06, 2010 12:51 pm

once again the rags and more to the point the daily record have a non-story about celtic. this time it's boruc leaving this is after mcgeady and brown and then "reporting" that no one wants the celtic job when they haven't been offered it this rag is nothing more than a voice of the huns the rating's giving to the players after tuesday would have left you wondering who won the game. when celtic had no money the celtic crest was always with a crack in it the shame have no money and everything is rosey even though they have been looking for a buyer for 2yrs. i dont buy this sham of a paper and plead with you not to either they are anti-celtic and we should not line there pockets. KTF hail hail.

Thombhoy

Re: boycott the rags

Postby Thombhoy » Thu May 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Wholeheartedly agree. This rag simply panders to the masses in Scotland and their editorial staff have obviously decided that there is a bigger market for their lies amongst the other lot than amongst us. I like to think that this is because the average Celtic fan is a little more discerning about what he is prepared to believe. Subsequently the other lot are pandered to by a distinct lack of criticism regarding the running of the club and the tactics employed by their team. I hope that the delusion amongst them continues and that we get our act together and show them what football can and should be like next season, regardless who is in charge. I for one sincerely believe that Neil Lennon deserves the opportunity to demonstrate that he can take us forward and bring success.

max

Postby max » Thu May 06, 2010 10:04 pm

Point in question, snatcho nomark mouthed off after the scum finally managed to accrue enough 'honest mistakes' to win the league. Wattie, the Godfather of Shame, said words to the effect that players say these things and it doesn't really matter, infact I think his attitude was that it should be expected, then after being humped off the park by the Bhoys comes back and has a go at Hinkel for defending his team!!
I can't think of a more deserving case for the 'sour grapes' tag. The Godfather of hurting hunnery, funny the laptop loyalists didn,t pick up on this blatant hypocrisy!

Wattie then went on to berate the Celtic team for not performing under Mowbray calling us "unprofessional".
Wattie must be in the late stages of his dotage if he fails to remember the bunch of "professionals" he had to come in and manage mid-season who wouldn't play for PLG!
The Monster Munch Mutineers!
Very professional!

You would have thought someone in the Scottish sports media (sic) would have picked up on this maybe even more blatant hypocrisy also, but I guess they're all to busy trying to body swerve the real issues at the hunnery!!

I don't read the rectum and I don't visit their web-site.

DON'T FUND THE HUN!!

offshorebhoy

Postby offshorebhoy » Fri May 07, 2010 8:28 am

it also came to light yesterday that koeman was never asked about the celtic job the question that was asked was - what do you think of celtic he said " there a great club". the record some how managed to "report" he was offered the job and replyed he was thinking of taking the celtic job a total lie and peter lawell should take this rag to task about the lies that are continuely spouted about our club. hail hail

max

Postby max » Fri May 07, 2010 10:37 am

They should at least, as EVERY Celtic supporter should do, sever all contact with this ass wipe hun rag, starting with any advertising and such, and withdraw from any event the rectum has the slightest thing to do with.
A ban on the paper from all Celtic press cons would be a good idea, it's been done before.
That would do for a start. Then we could sit back and wait for them to put their brown brogue clad foot in it big time, which eventually they would under such circumstances, and wipe the floor with them Wee Fergus style!!

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri May 07, 2010 9:04 pm

You know what would be brilliant, for Celtic to take their money, but the Celtic fans not to contribute to the bank balances. Celtic unfortunately have a contractual obligation to talk to the media, but i would keep that to the minimum on a need to know basis.
One problem we have is, some of our players have cosy relationships with the hack's, i dont know what they get but they have fed them plenty of information over the years; in fact quite a few celtic employees have been removed over this; including a member of the first team staff.
I have said on here many times, when you are going to buy a paper, think where your hard earned cash is going.

clover4

Postby clover4 » Sat May 08, 2010 10:21 am

Joe CELTIC have their own media outlets,when lies are constantly printed contractural agreements are broken.Celtic board members sit on their backsides and ignore the trash that is written.

max

Postby max » Sat May 08, 2010 11:27 am

I know Celtic are contracted for pre & post match press cons as part of any TV deal, and I'm sure it's part of any sponsorship deals Celtic have, them having their conpany logos in the background, but surely Celtic have some say in who exactly are permited to attend these press cons Joe. It's not as if anyone can attend and even if they are 'press', there must be a certain line drawn as to the level of press invited. I mean The Govan press or The Wishaw Post or Hamilton Inquirer (OK I made them up, though there used to be a Govan Press, but I'm sure you get what I mean) someone at the club must have some power somewhere down the line and as clover4 says if a rag is consistently misquoting and at times telling bare face lies and being derogatory to the club in general do we not have any power to cut them of?

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Mon May 10, 2010 5:57 pm

What really is beyond my belief is the number of CELTIC fans who still buy and read these rags. Whether it's at CELTIC park or at the airport waiting for a flight or on the plane to an away euro game our fans are sitting reading the trash.. Why oh why don't the get the message - don't keep them going by buying the dross.

BMURPHY1888

Postby BMURPHY1888 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:55 am

i buy the record and actually find the record to be reasonably fair

it 'the Hun' that i despise most

Return to “Main Forum”