Hamburg Trip

Main Forum Description
irish eyes

Hamburg Trip

Postby irish eyes » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:00 pm

I am really looking forward to the trip to Hamburg, we CELTIC fans always have a great time when we are away. I must admit though all this talk of various groups of rankers rans heading to hamburg when we are there is a bit sickening. I would have thought they would be putting their money to better use by helping out their club rather than heading off to hamburg just to noise up the CELTIC fans. What a sad state of affairs - although as a friend of mine pointed out to me maybe thay have seen the light and are now following CELTIC. I do hope the media are fully aware that these rankers fans are intending to travel to hamburg and don't jump on our team and fans if anything kicks off over there. They really should be supporting their own team - they have more than enough to worry them imho.

irish eyes

Re: Hamburg Trip

Postby irish eyes » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Well suffice to say the trip went well with no trouble. Well done the CELTIC fans once again.

I can't help but wonder how the vast majority of german people actually felt when they saw the display by the hamburg fans. If I had been a german citizen I would have been disgusted that a german team would display a british flag and a no surrender banner. A country that fought against the british and their fans to display a british flag symbol and that banner - you couldn't make it up. It's like asking a polish team to display a german flag. I should imagine the german people are none too happy with the hamburg fans for that display. I spoke to one of the stewards in the stadium about it and he was none too happy to see it and I don't really blame him, because he was of an age where the war would have been not long over when he was born. What a crazy crazy world we live in.

Return to “Main Forum”