Banks

Main Forum Description

Re: Banks

Postby 1967 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:49 pm

:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

Irish Eyes a token gesture on your part will make no difference when Lloyds have every intention to write off all their debt hence the (trivial) £30million selling price tag the debts owed are over £100 million .The bank are appointing ex MIH directors . THERE IS A MASSIVE COVER UP .The Government are complicit in this enter the soon to be unemployed Scottish Secretary of State Mr Murphy to help .For every tenner they spend timmy will pay £20 extra council tax.

gert/canada

Postby gert/canada » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:45 am

get the money out now!!!!!! Joe i think l might have an old tsb account . If theirs any money in it say a tenner or less tell her to withdraw it asap . Then buy you a pint. cheers GERT

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:45 pm

My accounts are now on the move to another bank. Job done.

max

Postby max » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:51 pm

Make sure you let them know, in writting, why you decided to take such an action Irish Eyes.

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:06 pm

Good point max - noted. I did mention the reason to them. A friend of mine who probably doesn't want to go to the hassle of moving accounts, JUST YET, has said he would be prepared to at least write a letter to the bank informing them that he will consider moving his accounts if they continue to prop up rankers. So I guess that's better than doing nothing.

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:03 am

Today I read in the paper that rankers now have in place "a five year business plan" with the lloyds banking group. That comment alone makes me very, very glad I shifted my money out of that banking group.

fernhoops

Postby fernhoops » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Buy shares in llyods and turn up at the AGM and cause mass disruption!!:party:

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:58 pm

sorry fernhoops, the last thing I would dream of doing is buying shares in them. In fact my dad was a shareholder and has ditched them.

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:05 pm

I have just read an article in todays paper reporting on the rankers agm. The article seems to suggest that the 5 year "plan" they have agreed with the Lloyds banking group would require them to reduce their debt to them each year by £1MILLION, yes that's what the article said ONE MILLION A YEAR. How very nice of the bank to be so helpful to them, which makes me more glad now than before that I and a number of my friends moved their money out of that banking group. One relative on mine used to have £402,000 with them and is quite thankful her money is no longer with them. I must confess though the amount I moved wasn't in the same bracket as my aunt but as the saying goes EVERY LITTLE HELPS.

One mate of mine wasn't too keen on the hassle of altering his direct debits etc but it doesn't take long to go into a bank and open an account with the minimum opening amount. Then sit down a write a wee letter to your pay or pension company to give details of the new account you want your payments to go into and write a wee letter to any company you have direct debits, standing orders etc with to start taking the payments from the new account. Then once these have been put in place and are working normally to just close the account with the other bank. Easy, job done.

Return to “Main Forum”