Official Travel Partner

Main Forum Description
irish eyes

Official Travel Partner

Postby irish eyes » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:50 pm

As one of the 14 people who booked with thomas cook to go to tel aviv for the recent game I was very disappointed when thomas cook cancelled the trip and I was left missing out. Their statement in the newspaper said " We have helped some of the small number of fans who were interested by providing various travel options based on scheduled flights and hotels".
I am sorry but the information provided to me just wasn't good enough and I was unable to travel. I have travelled with the official travel partner on every occasion since they became the travel partner so this is not a rant at them just for the sake of it. I honestly think that they could have booked all 14 of us on scheduled flights as soon as they knew they could not provide us with a charter flight and we would have been able to travel together as a group. Instead I was given information from the internet of flights from Heathrow to Tel Aviv returning to Luton and that Expedia had hotels at £50 a night. I was then on my own and more importantly I would have arrived in Tel Aviv around 10pm and have to find my way to my hotel. The reason I use the travel partner is to have the security of travelling in a group and have transfers in the arrival city.

I just feel that a "travel partner" should at least provide travel for the fans - whether that be 14, 1,400 or 14,000. They were unable to provide travel in 2007 to Moscow and the trip to Moscow this year was only a success because Celtic F.C. allowed us fans to travel with the team. Now the latest Tel Aviv trip is again another letdown. I personally don't think this record is good enough. If Hynds Travel was able to get his clients onto scheduled flights and they travelled as a group I feel thomas cook should have been able to do this too. Does anyone else agree that this is not a good record for a travel partner. I now have little confidence in them that should the venue prove to be at all difficult to get to then they just won't be able to get me there.

Joe O'Rourke

Re: Official Travel Partner

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:48 pm

Thanks for your comments i will cetainly take them up

irish eyes

Re: Official Travel Partner

Postby irish eyes » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:56 pm

Thanks for that Joe. I was proud of my record of attending every away Euro game for the last 6 years and that was totally ruined through no fault of my own.

Return to “Main Forum”