Ticketmaster Wembley Cup Rip Off

Main Forum Description
salty

Ticketmaster Wembley Cup Rip Off

Postby salty » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:45 pm

Just found out today, that despite several denials by the Celtic Ticket Office they have indeed now handled Wembley Cup tickets and are for sale now.

These tickets are for sale at the price it says on the ticket, fair enough.

But by saying initially that Celtic would not handle the tickets, it forced many thousands of fans to use Ticketmaster for tickets.

I booked 60 tickets from them, each ticket £50 for the weekend, but more importantly, each ticket was subject to a £3.30 booking fee.

If Celtic had said they would sell them from the ticket office we wouldnt have to pay extra, its despicable and high time the powers that be at the Club were taken to task.

Adding to the absurdity of the situation, £3,000 was removed from my account to pay for the tickets on June 16th, but the tickets have not arrived yet.

Not happy.

AlbertBymn

Re: Ticketmaster Wembley Cup Rip Off

Postby AlbertBymn » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:34 pm

Any booking fee should only be for the sale as a whole, never per ticket, that is robbery!!

Hope the club take a good long hard look at themselves and the way fans are being treated lately, something needs to be done.

salty

Postby salty » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:51 pm

Any booking fee should only be for the sale as a whole, never per ticket, that is robbery!!

Hope the club take a good long hard look at themselves and the way fans are being treated lately, [B:4b64680c]something needs to be done[/B:4b64680c].

Absolutely mate

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:28 pm

I dont know who you spoke to, but i certainly knew for a few weeks that we were getting an allocation through the Association. This needs to be cleared up, why dont you contact Angela Forbes and ask for an explanation, then take it from there, along with taking the money from your account there are a number of issues needing addressed.

salty

Postby salty » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:04 am

I dont know who you spoke to, but i certainly knew for a few weeks that we were getting an allocation through the Association. This needs to be cleared up, why dont you contact Angela Forbes and ask for an explanation, then take it from there, along with taking the money from your account there are a number of issues needing addressed.

Celtic repeatedly said that tickets could only be had from the organisers Joe.
All I know is that we have paid over the odds when there should have been no need to.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:58 am

Let me see if i can get some answers

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:58 pm

I e-mailed Angela Forbes (Manager Ticket Services) yesterday afternoon, she called me at home at tea time yesterday. She said that Celtic in the first instance were not going to handle tickets but eventually they decided that they would. The problem with the booking fees i think is a problem for someone a bit higher up in management, i intend to take this up in the first instance with Robin Buchanan who is in overall charge at ticket services, if i dont get a satisfactory answer i'll take it up with Peter Lawwell.

salty

Postby salty » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:00 pm

I e-mailed Angela Forbes (Manager Ticket Services) yesterday afternoon, she called me at home at tea time yesterday. She said that Celtic in the first instance were not going to handle tickets but eventually they decided that they would. The problem with the booking fees i think is a problem for someone a bit higher up in management, i intend to take this up in the first instance with Robin Buchanan who is in overall charge at ticket services, if i dont get a satisfactory answer i'll take it up with Peter Lawwell.

Thanks Joe.

Ballingrybhoy

Postby Ballingrybhoy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Hello Joe,

It would be interesting to hear Peter Lawells take on this issue.

I purchased quite a few tickets for Ballingry CSC for the Wembley Cup and had to pay the booking fee on each package - and suddenly find out that the Ticket Office are now selling them over the counter.

We feel let down once again.

Rodger Cassidy,
Secretary.

paul read

Postby paul read » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:30 pm

i contacted the ticket office regarding the wembley cup, only to be told ticketmaster were handling all the tickets, i ordered our tickets through them for our supporters club and was charged a booking fee for each one. But a spurs friend of mine got his directly from his club when they first went on sale in june without any add on fees. How come spurs were allowed to sell tickets directly to there fans but celtic wasnt allowed ! (grimsby emerald)

Return to “Main Forum”