Thankyou Celtic, We Never Walked Alone

Main Forum Description
shanklys best

Thankyou Celtic, We Never Walked Alone

Postby shanklys best » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:47 pm

Hi,
I just want to say a massive thankyou to all Celtic fans for the amazing loyalty and compassion they have shown Liverpool fans and especially in support of the Hillsborough campaign.
I was at Anfield today and I was happy to see Celtic fans who had travelled to Anfield to join us on this special day. You truly are the best supporters that we can have as our friends. I was at Celtic for the first game after Hillsborough and I will never forget the warmth and the friendlines, the compassion and the comfort you gave to us that day. It was quite amazing to stand in the jungle and be hugged by a fan of another team and to have him sing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' with as much passion as any Liverpool fan. Without you, it would have been harder to carry on with football.
I now have a son of 5, and as true red, I am teaching him all about LFC, the good, the bad and the indifferent. I have told him all about Celtic and how your amazing friendship to LFC helped us, how you have made banners and support the Justice campaign, how you have never forgotten us. He now wants a Celtic kit and and to go to a Celtic match.! (I think I have created a monster..:smile:) Only joking, but it warms my heart that he, at his tender age understands just how special you actually are.
In closing, I once again say a massive thankyou to you all, I wish I could thankyou all in person, I am sure we will meet one day when me and my boy, Mitchell get up for a game. My general manager is a massive Celtic fan and has promised me tickets.
I am on a Liverpool forum, my profile says : 'Liverpool FC, If I had two hearts I would Love You Twice As Much', but really, I have two hearts, and one of them belongs to Celtic FC and its fans.
YNWA, Justice For The 96...!
Thankyou Celtic... With you at our side, We Never Walked Alone..!

Return to “Main Forum”