stewards and police

Main Forum Description
nelmo

stewards and police

Postby nelmo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:12 pm

i would like to say yet again that the treatment a certain section of our support are recieving from stewards and police at sundays game,my two sons and i sit in section 444 of the north stand and dont know if anyone else noticed the same fat steward with baseball capnearly caused a riot again -police coming in to take down non-offensive flags for what reason i will never know,but yet again celtic dont look as if they are doing anything about this week in week ouy our most vocal part of our supporters are being treated like shit and it is being allowed to be-is it a point of taking the money sit down and shut up,my ten year old son asked me why our fans are getting treated this way by the club we all love -i had no answer-hail hail:pray:

sincy

Re: stewards and police

Postby sincy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi all
as ever beauty is in the eye of the beholder, during that game and any game there are rules and laws which are there to protect all in the stadium from ourselves and each other, the supporters concerned had been asked to follow the rules, they did not and some left the stadium, all during that game other supporters had left because of the nature and behaviour of some of the fans in that section, so if it was your call, anyone reading this forum or any the others, what would you all do, and only in my opinion if anyone feels this behaviour is acceptable or should be tolerated please do a seat swap into that area, as for flags and banners, again if permission is not sought or granted they must be taken down, where do we draw a line, and who decides what, the club do and have stewards there to help the support, all the support not just those who can be the loudest, finally for all would you allow or appreciate this type of behaviour in your home, local, street corner, no way, the buzzies would be called as most folks consider this type of behaviour to be offensive and intimidating, seatexchange, have a good one

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi all
as ever beauty is in the eye of the beholder, during that game and any game there are rules and laws which are there to protect all in the stadium from ourselves and each other, the supporters concerned had been asked to follow the rules, they did not and some left the stadium, all during that game other supporters had left because of the nature and behaviour of some of the fans in that section, so if it was your call, anyone reading this forum or any the others, what would you all do, and only in my opinion if anyone feels this behaviour is acceptable or should be tolerated please do a seat swap into that area, as for flags and banners, again if permission is not sought or granted they must be taken down, where do we draw a line, and who decides what, the club do and have stewards there to help the support, all the support not just those who can be the loudest, finally for all would you allow or appreciate this type of behaviour in your home, local, street corner, no way, the buzzies would be called as most folks consider this type of behaviour to be offensive and intimidating, seatexchange, have a good one

well i did not see anyone leave on sunday due to being offended in our area we are in section 444 for a better atmosphere i have two young boys who i would not want sitting in a unsuitable area if there was one,dont understand want kind of unacceptable behaviour u mean sincy as we have not seen any and of accepting the sort of behaviour u speak of in our homes or street corners,nor would i accept walk on singing; hail hail or half time draws in my home.this is a football match not snooker.

sincy

Postby sincy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi all
and thanks for the polite and direct responce, is that spelt correctly ?, response, polite in no vailed threats or name calling, thank you, I do understand there are times when some stewards would cause offense, offence, we had a laugh that at one football ground a chap who had recently passed his SIA license suddenly had a jacket 3 times the proper size and walked about as if he was carrying 6 rolls of wall paper under each arm, that is not me, I treat all people with respect and dignity, again I would ask all who are reading this what would you all do, there was fans complaining about the behaviour in that area and who left, Celtic FC make the rules and I have said on another thread if anyone has issues get the details of all those involved, sorry got carried away with my rant there, signing prohibited songs, erecting and bringing unauthorised banners and things into the stadium, causing alarm, now at what point do we say, well 4 sets of people left because of certain things, are they just not used to football or is there a problem with some of the fans, I do not know where the line is but Celtic FC do and when someone from Celtic FC say thats it, that is it, I hope your lads had a great time and remember it was cheap ticket day so a lot of fans did not have season seats and have nothing to loose by thier behaviour, have a good night.

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi all
and thanks for the polite and direct responce, is that spelt correctly ?, response, polite in no vailed threats or name calling, thank you, I do understand there are times when some stewards would cause offense, offence, we had a laugh that at one football ground a chap who had recently passed his SIA license suddenly had a jacket 3 times the proper size and walked about as if he was carrying 6 rolls of wall paper under each arm, that is not me, I treat all people with respect and dignity, again I would ask all who are reading this what would you all do, there was fans complaining about the behaviour in that area and who left, Celtic FC make the rules and I have said on another thread if anyone has issues get the details of all those involved, sorry got carried away with my rant there, signing prohibited songs, erecting and bringing unauthorised banners and things into the stadium, causing alarm, now at what point do we say, well 4 sets of people left because of certain things, are they just not used to football or is there a problem with some of the fans, I do not know where the line is but Celtic FC do and when someone from Celtic FC say thats it, that is it, I hope your lads had a great time and remember it was cheap ticket day so a lot of fans did not have season seats and have nothing to loose by thier behaviour, have a good night.

think we are talking about different games sincy i am talking about rangers game on sunday not cheap ticket day

sincy

Postby sincy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi all
Hi Nelmo, indeed we are, sorry, my only recollection of this problem was a few fans in that general area were eventually asked to leave or decided to leave because of a request or requests made to them, which the fans felt was improper or unwarranted and quite a few other fans also left in protest, rather than make a big issue out of it, which this act itself shows a willingness and a positive face of the fans involved, and a step in the correct direction to have thier issues addressed properly and sorted, ( few being I do not know the actual numbers ), have a good one

Return to “Main Forum”