Anti- Irish bile in the daily ranger

Main Forum Description
EDN1CSC

Anti- Irish bile in the daily ranger

Postby EDN1CSC » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:53 am

[URL="http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/comment/columnists/lifestyle-columnists/john-mckie/2009/01/27/young-andy-jackson-hits-own-goal-86908-21074052/"][COLOR=#0066cc:05ecb3db]http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/comment/columnists/lifestyle-columnists/john-mckie/2009/01/27/young-andy-jackson-hits-own-goal-86908-21074052/[/COLOR:05ecb3db][/URL:05ecb3db]

How long are rags like the Daily Record and The Sun going to be allowed to get away with their anti-Irish views. This so-called 'journalist' wouldn't be allowed to get away with it if he was refering to a player who was Polish or from India etc but because the player has decided to play for the Republic of Ireland he gets a free reign to critisise him and make outragous statements. The same happened with James McCarthy and Aiden Mcgeady and will continue to happen in these newspapers.

According to McKie this is "a new and sinister development happening all too often'' when in reality it is player who just wants to play where his past family are from - whats the crime in that?, and the SFA wern't interested in him until he choose to player for R.O.I.

[EMAIL="j.mckie@dailyrecord.co.uk"][COLOR=#0068cf:05ecb3db]j.mckie@dailyrecord.co.uk[/COLOR:05ecb3db][/EMAIL:05ecb3db] Tell the man choosing to play for the Republic of Ireland isn't a crime and pass on to fellow Tims.

max

Re: Anti- Irish bile in the daily ranger

Postby max » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:52 pm

Got to agree ED, blatant racism, The last line ridiculing Irish culture really nails his 'colours' to the mast!

Tosh7

Re: Anti- Irish bile in the daily ranger

Postby Tosh7 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:57 am

Nothing about these particular rags surprises me anymore lads!!!

I stopped buying both of them quite some time ago - especially the Sun.

The Daily Record needs no explanation either. I have nothing but contempt for both rags!!! :bad:

Return to “Main Forum”