gamesmanship of ref

Main Forum Description
gert/canada

gamesmanship of ref

Postby gert/canada » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:48 pm

l would like to know why the ref was in glen loovens face for prior to him taking his penalty in the semi final tonight. l watched in amazement at his glaring act of gamesmanship . He did not attempt to interfear with any other penalty taker , a blatant effort to put more pressure on the celtic man . Did anyone else notice this . l know it,s immaterial now but l still think he was at the madam.

Joe O'Rourke

Re: gamesmanship of ref

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:54 pm

Hello my friend, far be it from me to back the ref, but my thoughts are, when that big tumshie Wilkie missed he went behind the goal to greet, i think the mason in the black was telling Glen to wait till he(Wilkie) had returned to the centre circle, you take care now

jbd

Postby jbd » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:32 pm

Joe.
My thoughts on the incident last night, led me to agree with Gert.
However since YOU agree with the ref (were you drunk?), I guess I'll have to have another look at it.
By the way, my Danish mate pointed out something to me that I hadn't noticed.
What made Loovens take his penalty with his right foot, when he is a left footed player???
Anyway, a good game of football by both teams, on what was nothing better than a tattie field. It was good to see the Bhoys hold their nerve. There must be a lot of pressure on when the other team shoots first, and you are always a goal behind. Bring on the unwashed.
Keep the Faith.
JBD.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 pm

How are you big man???, me drunk!!!how dare you!!!, i actually noticed that about Loovens myself. I would also say it reminded me of your good self facing a penalty in your goalkeeping days, is that how you got the nick-name "Whoosh", you used to dive the right way, the taker used to hit it in the wrong corner.

jbd

Postby jbd » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:18 pm

Joe.
I couldn't help it if guys used to shoot into the wrong corner. As a goalie (who told you that, son?), I always used to go to the goalie's weak side, bottom left hand corner. If it was a left footed player, I'd go to bottom right. You'd remember that I DID save a couple in my time (aye, right).
I have told my football daft daughter about my theory. Nothing pleases me more than seeing players score from a penalty, where I can say "I'D HAVE SAVED THAT" Haha!
Regards to yourself and family.
COTH.

EDN1CSC

Postby EDN1CSC » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:56 am

Good point mate that referee was a disgrace on wednesday night!! 2 celtic players he done that to. Him and his two linesmen were shocking all night!

max

Postby max » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:45 pm

Hail! Hail! Joe, Ive watched it a couple of times on CH67 and there was no one behind the goal, the ball was on the spot and there was no reason for the 'ref' to speak to Loovens at all.
If you look top right at the time, Big Artur was raging and ready to run onto the field of play to 'have words' with the ref, only to be held back by, what a man of my age calls, the linesman.
Afterwards, it was plain to see that the rest of his team mates were less than happy about the ref putting such a young player under so much pressure.
Paranoid! Moi?

jbd

Postby jbd » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:54 pm

Gert, EDN1CSC, max.
To be fair to Joe, he may have a point (ok, half a point), as regards the Loovens penalty. I've watched it a couple of times, since.

Max.
I've picked you up on the point about Artur.

EDN1CSC.
You're bang on about it happening twice. On penalty nr. 20 (Hinckel), he did the same thing again!!! Why???
(Well, it worked against Loovens, why not try again?)

Just because you know you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you.
...what the hell do we care now...?

gert/canada

Postby gert/canada » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:37 am

joe l know it,s friday but we,re a wee bit behind you bhoys back home ,that aside shame on you agreeing with the mason in the black , give the big lad in denmark my thanks for backing me up.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:31 pm

The big man in Denmark hails from the Port, big John Dow, you know his dad wee Jackie

Return to “Main Forum”