transfer rumours

Main Forum Description
rebelghirl

transfer rumours

Postby rebelghirl » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:38 pm

Defender Glenn Loovens has been linked with a return to Cardiff just months after moving to Glasgow - but Celtic are expected to rebuff any move during the upcoming transfer window.

The 25-year-old Dutch defender joined Celtic from Cardiff for £2.5million on a four-year contract in the summer but has failed to break-up the partnership of Stephen McManus and Gary Caldwell in the heart of the defence. While Loovens has remained on the sidelines, McManus and Caldwell have been winning more and more plaudits.

According to various reports in today's press, Cardiff boss Dave Jones will attempt to sign Loovens either on a permanent basis, or on loan, next month. But the [I:9018769c]Evening Times[/I:9018769c] claims Strachan will keep the player at Parkhead as he feels Celtic lack cover sufficient defensive cover.

Despite not being a regular this season, Loovens has still made an impression. The former Feyenoord man has made nine starts and scored three goals - twice in the league and once in the league cup. Whether he has what it takes to claim a regular starting place is still unclear, but surely he deserves longer to prove his worth?

Meanwhile, it has also been suggested Darren O'Dea will not be allowed out on loan next month due to the previously mentioned lack of defensive cover. The 21-year-old has made just a handful of appearances this season but has previously shown a lot of promise.

Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish - who must be glad to be away from Ibrox - is expected to try and sign Bobo Balde in January after failing to do so in the summer. Balde, who is contracted to Celtic until the summer, is thought to be available on a free and probably would have moved to the Midlands in August if Celtic had not insisted he signed a confidentiality clause.

jimbob

Re: transfer rumours

Postby jimbob » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:37 pm

Good stuff Rebelghirl,keep up the info.

AlbertBymn

Postby AlbertBymn » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:01 pm

I feel bad for Bobo myself.....I wish him luck wherever he goes.

:smile:

the hunskelper

Postby the hunskelper » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:33 pm

i feel bad for him too.

the hunskelper

Postby the hunskelper » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:41 pm

Looks like Blackburn are going to offer 5m for Mcgeady.

EDN1CSC

Postby EDN1CSC » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:33 pm

What i want to know is why did Lawell want Balde to sign a confiendiality clause if they were going to give him a payment??

Hopefully all will be revealed when he leaves.

jimbob

Postby jimbob » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Strange indeed,I must admit I liked Bobo

max

Postby max » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:56 pm

I like the big man too and it's obvious that he loves/ loved Celtic, but I think he blew it with MO'N after Seville, and then with WGS after Artmedia. I know it's unfair, but mistakes like those are never forgoten, it's like goalkeepers howlers, they're generally very costly and stay in a managers memory a long long time. To be honest the big chap is quite prone to the old 'rush of blood to the head' syndrome.

the hunskelper

Postby the hunskelper » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:35 pm

totally agree

maks

Postby maks » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:59 pm

Looks like Blackburn are going to offer 5m for Mcgeady.

realy i didn't know that

Return to “Main Forum”