Naka on BBC2 10pm Tonight

Main Forum Description
EDN1CSC

Naka on BBC2 10pm Tonight

Postby EDN1CSC » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:59 pm

From Evening Times

[U:5989e0d6][B:5989e0d6]Naka’s got the taste for haggis[/B:5989e0d6][/U:5989e0d6]

CELTIC fans will get a rare chance to sample the Japanese Bhoy phenomenon when BBC2 broadcasts "Football Far East: Beyond Nakamura" at 10pm tonight.
The programme tries to lift the lid on the very private midfield genius, and visits his homeland to reveal just how fanatical his fans are about the man and the club he has served for the past three-and-a-half years.
For several months, Naka has co-operated with a film crew from his homeland who have followed his every step documenting what life is like for the man manager Gordon Strachan describes as a genius.
That exclusive footage is being produced as a DVD and is already proving to be a smash-hit in Japan.
But the Beeb have been working on their own project, and Celtic fans will be intrigued to see the results.
Naka explains how he has been made to feel so welcome in this country, and how his family have adapted to life here while setting up home in Glasgow city centre.
He said: "Until I met Gordon Strachan and Peter Lawwell, I never knew a club called Celtic even existed. I'd a few clubs to choose from, but I was struck by Gordon and Peter's enthusiasm. I felt they understood my playing style and I thought, This is the club for me.'"
Naka has since thrown himself into the whole Scottish culture and revealed: "I like haggis, but I can't eat too much of it or I will get fat. Now and again, though, I don't mind sheep's insides."

paulmck1888

Re: Naka on BBC2 10pm Tonight

Postby paulmck1888 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:57 pm

Watched it, it was quite a good insight into how the club was portrayed in the far east. I loved the Japanese guys with the hoops on in their local Irish boozer singing Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink!

jack67

Re: Naka on BBC2 10pm Tonight

Postby jack67 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:09 pm

i watched it too. was quite good. have to agree that guy in bar was brill. listening to him slate naylor n hinkel was hilarious.

Return to “Main Forum”