The Press Complaints Commission

Main Forum Description
eddieinkirkmichael

The Press Complaints Commission

Postby eddieinkirkmichael » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:29 am

[SIZE=2:4991839f]Hi, this is my first post on this forum, though I have been active on other forums for a while. I posted the following on the Green Brigade site earlier tonight and thought it may be an idea to get as many people to complain about these innacurate and in some cases downright lies that are written about the Green Brigade and Celtic fans in general.
[U:4991839f]Admim I haven't looked through the threads on this forum and if this thread is out of order feel free to lock or delete.

[/U:4991839f]I wonder if anyone has thought about making a complaint to the PCC re articles in which the GB has been slandered? Clause 1 of the code deals with Accuracy-

i) The Press must take care not to publish inaccurate, misleading or distorted information, including pictures.

- now I'm no lawyer but after having read Mr Keevins rant today I would be quiet willing to say he was innacurate on several fronts. The code goes further-

iii) The Press, whilst free to be partisan, must distinguish clearly between comment, conjecture and fact.

Several times in the last week we have seen rumour and conjecture spun as fact concerning the GB isn't time we hit back? Here's the link to the PCC for those that would wish to follow my lead and complain. Maybe one of our more elloquent writers would consider writing a pro-forma for the rest of the forum to copy and use enmass?

[/SIZE:4991839f][URL="http://www.pcc.org.uk/complaints/makingacomplaint.html"][SIZE=2:4991839f]http://www.pcc.org.uk/complaints/makingacomplaint.html[/SIZE:4991839f][/URL:4991839f][SIZE=2:4991839f] [/SIZE:4991839f]

irish eyes

Re: The Press Complaints Commission

Postby irish eyes » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:59 pm

I'd consider making a complaint eddie but I haven't read the said mr keevins comments, I don't buy that paper.

eddieinkirkmichael

Re: The Press Complaints Commission

Postby eddieinkirkmichael » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:17 pm

His article was brought to my attention ,along with 2 others by Leckie and Traynor. The PCC are now investigating these 3 scumbags. They have been asked to justify their articles and provide evidence of there wild claims regarding the GB

Return to “Main Forum”