The Celtic Boards view on Rangers current predicament

Main Forum Description
tjmcd

The Celtic Boards view on Rangers current predicament

Postby tjmcd » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:53 pm

Joe,

I am sure you will have seen Phil Macgiollabhains latest blog on the Rangers situation.

[URL="http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/done-deal/#more-1719"]http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/done-deal/#more-1719

P[/URL:1ef29745]hil has obviously done some work on this and if we take this story at face value, its obviously quite worrying. Rangers have cheated for the past 12 years perhaps longer through their financial doping. If the Celtic board feel that a 10 point penalty is sufficient in the event of them going in to administration and/or liquidation then they are mis judging the mood of the Celtic support and they run the risk of alienating a large part of the Celtic support, to the extent that the club may lose future generations of Celtic fans IF they are seen to be helping them to have an easy ride on this.

Celtic Football Club have been the main losers from Rangers financial doping, the overwhelming mood among the Celtic support is that Rangers should receive sanctions that are proportionate and fit the "crime." I think we will all agree that a 10 point deduction is not sufficient, i would expect the Celtic board to represent the fans views on this rather than just look at the financial cost to Celtic.

Whats your views on this?

Tommy

hobbit

Re: The Celtic Boards view on Rangers current predicament

Postby hobbit » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:14 am

let them keep their points, it'll make it all sweeter when we overturn the defecit, too many people are conceediding the league is over, we'll have broony/emilio and others back soon. Fair enough we have problems at the moment, but when we get the bulk of our first team squad back, we will beat anyone in our path. Keep the faith with Lenny, the huns will drop points and we will reclaim our rightfull status as top dogs in Scotland. Hail Hail

RPW

Postby RPW » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:30 pm

I tend to agree with hobbit regarding the points for a couple of reasons, I am of the older generation and have been so used to "them" getting away with things for years, and if we got handed the league by default it would only be brought up time and time again by our enemies in the media, Celtic FC have better players and will come good - hopefully sooner rather than later, it should be down to 1 point by the end of the year unless we get any more teams playing to their potential against "them" maybe we will evenhave an advantage by the end of the year - they are in freefall now, even their fans are beginning to question CW and his entourage, so when they start to drop more points just watch them implode, and finally it will be even more funny to belive that their leader QE11 is the one who will finally bury them - Hail Hail all.

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:54 pm

RPW I tend to disagree on your thoughts re the deduction of points because I believe in everyone being treated equal and you can bet your boots that if Celtic were about to be deducted 10 points it would be done, so let's have "fair play" and if they are due to be deducted points then let it happen. Nothing to stop us beating them by even more points and the deduction wouldn't even matter then. I couldn't care less if they cast it up till the end of time tbh.

RPW

Postby RPW » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:18 pm

No problem, I understand exactly where you are coming from and yes everyone should be treated equally, all I was trying to say was we can get more satisfaction by not having the media saying we won it by default - Hail Hail

eddieinkirkmichael

Postby eddieinkirkmichael » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:37 pm

[URL="http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:MHG.L&display=news&it=le"]http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:MHG.L&display=news&it=le
[/URL:fa0b61bd]
I see Craig Whyte’s exercised some convertible loan notes in Merchant House Group today. This is a little unusual because he normally sells shares at market value then exercises his loan notes in order to maintain his holding.

Today though he’s essentially sold his conversion straight to another party at nearly 1/3 of yesterday’s closing price and roughly half of what he’d get on the market after the share dilutions. To me this says he can’t wait for them to sell at market price and or he couldn’t find somebody to take a £100k chunk at market rate. Whereas the buyer probably can.

Interestingly the buyer is noted as Willow International Limited domiciled in the Seychelles. The only references I can find to Willow International Limited are to a now liquidated UK company that was involved in a land banking scam. They couldn’t be the same could they?

Return to “Main Forum”