stay away fans

Main Forum Description
Paul

Re: stay away fans

Postby Paul » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:42 am

What a joke! Sorry for not checking with you all before not being at the game yesterday, how un-uber of me.

I suppose I'll just have to accept I'm less of a Celtic fan than you are because you go to the games then eh?

People have their own reasons for not being at games, who are any of you to judge them? Since when do you hand out permission slips to other fans giving them the right to go or not to go.

I have better things to be spending my £200-£300 quid that it costs me to go to a game on, like my 2 kids. And before you start, I have 7 Rangers game tickets that I have been given, and I am giving them away as I still cant justify spending the money it costs to go up for the game to watch the shower of shite we have witnessed so far this season. Until Celtic use my money wisely and offer me value for my money I wont be spending any more on them than I absolutely have to.

Call me what you will, but being realistic here, who's the stupid one? me or you?

There has been talk of a boycott to get the SFA/SPL to listen and treat us with more respect, I am boycotting Celtic Park until they give me more respect and listen to me, if they want my money. What makes your boycott any different or more important than mine?

max

Postby max » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:33 pm

If you don't want to support Celtic then don't, simple!
If youve got something better to do with your 200-300 quid, then do it.
The difference between the proposed CSA boycott and yours Paul, is that your "boycott" is based on purely selfish reasons, and has an atitude which has no thought of damaging the club itself.
If you want to be entertained, go to the pictures.
Alot of MEs and MINE in their Paul, but if what you're saying is that you're boycotting Celtic FC completely, then I think you're painting yourself into a corner, as far as being able to call yourself a 'supporter' of the club in concerned.
Shareholders come and go, as do chairmen and CEOs, the management will be sacked, chuck it, retire, the team itself mutates on a 6 monthly cycle, the only thing thats certain in football is nothing stays the same.
Celtic FC will be there when we're all dust, and it's the club we support, not just the guys who happen to be wearing the Hoops right now, or the guy who happens to be sitting in the dug-out for the time being, or who happens to be on the board at the minute, but the club itself, CELTIC FC.
Faithful through and through!!

offshorebhoy

Postby offshorebhoy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:23 pm

great paul you proved my point your a gloryhunter and your not wanted ya clown go and spend your pennies elsewhere. WE the real support will always go as we chose to support the team through thick and thin anybody can support a winning team but when the chips are down the real fans stand up and be counted so away you go and dont bother coming back as max says we're faithful through and through some are not . KTF hail hail

Paul

Postby Paul » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:17 pm

What exactly is a "real fan"?

kevza

Postby kevza » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:31 am

Hate seeing low crowds, dont happen very often. Their choice tho m8.

Next year we will have something to shout about. :cowboy:

Paul

Postby Paul » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:54 am

Is there is certain amount of games you go to to become a "real fan"?

Is there some unwritten rule that you should just keep handing over your hard earned cash even if you are not happy with the product and how your money is being spent?

I'm very interested to hear you replies and how I too can become part of the "real support" you speak of.

Surely if Celtic FC is in your heart you are a Celtic Supporter, guess not eh?

I notice above you refer to my 200-300 quid per game it costs me to go as "pennies", are you a Celtic player by chance?

max

Postby max » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:32 pm

That's a fair old comlpex you've got there Paul!

offshorebhoy

Postby offshorebhoy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:32 pm

the real fan supports the team through thick and thin the good times and more importantly the bad times thats when the support is needed as i said before anybody can support a winning team clear enough for you paul. by the way am glad your not going your proberly one of the idiots on the phone ins saying your going back and all the rest of it giving the hun media what they want unrest among the fans your playing into there hands.

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:21 pm

I can only speak for myself. I am a CELTIC supporter and will continue to buy my season ticket no matter if the team is doing great or not. If for some reason I am unable to attend any particular game for some reason on another then that is unfortunate, so long as I pay my season ticket I am "supporting" the team. I will be at almost all games at CELTIC PARK however on occasions I do have to miss out for personal reasons. I guess everyone has to make their own choices. The way I look at it is if I don't put my money into the club then how can they improve without the funds to do it? Therefore I will carry on as per usual, supporting my team.

offshorebhoy

Postby offshorebhoy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:52 pm

irish eyes am not getting on at guys who miss a game for what ever a miss them through my job but guys who are on here and phone ins and the papers saying there not going back until the team gets better in my eyes are gloryhunters with no feeling for the club and should just stay away. if i had my way a would never miss a game at home and never do when im home from work. KTF

Return to “Main Forum”