"Now is the Time to Stand Together"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"Now is the Time to Stand Together"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:44 pm

[SIZE=3:47772c9e]In the last few weeks we have been attacked by all and sundry, from George Peat at the SFA to Stephen Pressley at the home of football Falkirk, the radio phone ins and the lap top loyal are having a field day, luckily for me I don’t listen to them, there has been plenty of double standards on show, I haven’t heard one person come out and openly support the stance taken by Celtic, even people like Fraser Wishart who supposedly represents the interests of all the professional players in Scotland, no surprises there then, we have ex-Celtic players like Andy Walker and Charlie Nicholas running our club down at every opportunity, obviously they see that as being the best tactic to stay in the job, so what do we do ? First thing we must do as fans is get organised properly, but I’ll come back to that.[/SIZE:47772c9e]
[SIZE=3:47772c9e]Celtic as a club have taken a stand that I cant remember them ever taking before (apart from Bob Kelly over the tri-colour), they have come out and openly questioned decisions taken by referees, sure in the past we have had Big Jock and Davie Hay make comments, but this time it would appear to have the support of the club as a whole, and that is something that I welcome. But now they have gone that far I think we need to take it to another level altogether. I would say that we need to have a policy of non co-operation with the SFA and the SPL, we also need to treat some of the referees with the contempt they deserve, I don’t know how many times I have witnessed a referee cheat us in a match, but at time-up we have Celtic Players queuing up to shake hands with them, it might be a minor point but they all count. I would like to see Celtic getting the opinion of some respected recently retired referees from England, give them a copy of the three matches against Rangers this season and ask them to give a written report on how the referee handled the match, or they could ask a number of recently retired professional players to do the same, I think the outcome would be the same.[/SIZE:47772c9e]
[SIZE=3:47772c9e]We also need as a club to take a stand against the media, if we are not contracted to give an interview then don’t give one, get the message out through the Celtic View, or more importantly on a daily basis through the official Celtic web site, the Huddle Online is up and running and should be another useful tool, and please can someone talk to the official Celtic Ambassador Billy Mc Neill, what is he doing writing a column for the Sun newspaper? I know we have no friends in the newspaper world but they have a long history of being very anti-Celtic and I don’t think a Celtic Legend should be helping to give them some credibility, and I’m not going to fall for the line that big Billy gets the Celtic angle out in his column, if there was a league championship trophy for being anti-Celtic, the Sun would be well in the running. I have attended a few press conferences, and when these people are in a room together with no official of Celtic present it’s all lets all laugh at Celtic, full of snide remarks, but it doesn’t stop these mugs stuffing their faces with sandwiches and coffee, stop the sound bites give them no information unless necessary or unless it is to help our cause. Their latest dig is at Aiden Mc Geady for apparently accusing referees of being impartial, I wonder what would make Aiden think that !!!![/SIZE:47772c9e]
[SIZE=3:47772c9e]The no co-operation tactic must also be used against our rival over at Snake Mountain. We have just let these people hang on to our coat tails and got them a shirt sponsor, they didn’t have to do one iota to secure the deal it was all done by Celtic’s people, we all resent very strongly the case that gets put up that we are two sides of the same coin, “The Old Firm” well I personally have nothing in common with any of these people, and I don’t want at any time to be associated with them for any reason. The man with no name Walter has had a few digs at us in the last week, he thinks the referees are great and that the process for appeals works fine, well if I was getting the decisions that they get I would be happy too. He has also returned to what he knows best (which incidentally isn’t football tactics) We are Rangers, no one like us we don’t care” his latest quote was “everyone wants our players to get sent off, everyone wants penalties against us, everyone wants everything against us” not really Walter, just when it’s the right and honest decision to make, we are not asking the referees to favour Celtic, or any other team, we just want them to be fair !!! [/SIZE:47772c9e]
[SIZE=3:47772c9e]So getting back to the fans, the Celtic fans over the last number of years have become very fragmented, we have as well as the Association, the Affiliation and the Irish Association, we have the Junglebhoys, but we also have the Green Brigade, and I’m just talking here about the groups who regularly attend matches. We also have all the web sites who are Celtic minded, and lets not forget the fans that are not attached to any of these groups. There has recently been a couple of meetings in St Mary’s looking for fans to have a common goal, well I think now is the time for a collective campaign to be organised, we have to show these people that the days of turning the other cheek have passed. The average Celtic fan is completely different from when I started following, (over 50 years ago) then all the fans were working in the shipyards and building sites, they worked right up to Saturday at dinner time then went to the match and had a few beers with their mates. Now we have fans that own and run their own companies, we have academics, we have professional people like lawyers and accountants, civil and design engineers, we have fans that can read a balance sheet just as easy as a team sheet. We have seen in the past the effect a collective campaign can have when the Celts for Change movement was in full swing, well this time it will be in support of the club not in opposition to it, we need fans to come up with ideas for this campaign, it must be both visual and vocal, and must include the threat of bhoycotting a couple of away games, I know a lot of fans don’t like the idea of a bhoycott because they go to every match, well so do I, but sometimes there is no gain without pain, and for my money the best way to put pressure on the other clubs is to deny them our input to their bank accounts, you will already have heard them squealing about losing revenue from us if league re-construction was to go ahead, well we would choose who and when to bhoycott, but it would require full support from the fans.[/SIZE:47772c9e]
[SIZE=3:47772c9e]So lets have everybody’s thoughts and ideas, how can we best support our great club? Though we may be in the minority in this country, our will to win and sense of justice shall bring us through, we have been silent for far too long. Now is the time to stand together. Keep the Faith !!!!!!![/SIZE:47772c9e]

irish eyes

Re: "Now is the Time to Stand Together"

Postby irish eyes » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:15 pm

It sounds like a plan Joe - the only problem is getting the various fans and groups to act as one. I really hope something can be sorted out, because I like what you are suggesting.

max

Postby max » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:42 pm

I'm still waiting for Mr Peats indignant outrage at Gus McPhersons accusations of a rangers bias at the hunnery!!

Can we expect the same reaction we got from the mysterious "leak" that supposedly came from CP, Imean McPherson was quite open in what he had to say about the hun bias!

Can we expect the same laptop loyalist/SFA witch hunt we're seeing over Aiden saying nothing more than McPherson had to say on Saturday???

I wont be holding my breath!!!

Scottish football and it's bumboys in the media are rotten to the core!

I'll ask the same question I've been asking for a while now, where did the daily record get it's information that the alledged gang rapist mcgregor was attacked by THREE MEN in Bath Street?

A story they published two days running!!

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Max the thing that baffles me about the "mcgregor attack" is this. If his girlfriend was changed with wasting police time then WHY OH WHY was he not charged also? Was it his girlfriend who reported it to the police and not him??? I don't pretend to understand the law but I find it very very strange indeed that only she is "in the wrong". How odd.

max

Postby max » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Agreed Irish, but does a newspaper publishing a story it knows not to be true concerning a serious crime not constitute some kind of 'atempting to pervert the course of justice'?
Or is the daily ranger as exempt from the law as it seems rangers players and club owners are.
Rangers borrowed money from the bank knowing full well they weren't going to, and didn't have the means to, pay back.
That IS a criminal act, and that's a fact!
Like yourself Irish, I can't pretend to be an expert in law, but I KNOW this is a criminal act, it's called FRAUD!!
And if you or I did the same we would be facing criminal charges!

Return to “CSA News”