"Is that why they say LODGE an appeal"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"Is that why they say LODGE an appeal"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:24 pm

[SIZE=3:2c36894b]Celtic’s appeal is thrown out !!!! did we really expect anything else from this crowd, it has been happening for over 100, years I guess they aren’t about to change now, but the thing is we have changed now, more about that later.[/SIZE:2c36894b]
[SIZE=3:2c36894b]As I said in a previous post if that idiot Mc Donald had booked Lafferty he would have got away with the decision, it was a coming together of two players, if anything it was Lafferty who raised his hands first, so is Scott Brown red carded for retaliation? Who knows? The system employed by the SPL and the SFA to handle appeals is quite frankly ludicrous, the person who made the mistake in the first place decides whether it is overturned or not, I wonder, does this happen in any other country within UEFA ?[/SIZE:2c36894b]
[SIZE=3:2c36894b]And once a decision is made it cannot be appealed against, even Fraser Wishart is getting worried by it all, that will be the same Fraser Wishart who said on national radio that it was a sad day when a player gets attacked because of the colour of jersey he wears, I wonder when he will apologise for that gaff.[/SIZE:2c36894b]
[SIZE=3:2c36894b]The whole episode at Ibrox was a circus, we started off with the minutes silence which rightly so was observed by the vast majority of Celtic fans, the presentation of the poppy jersey was done at the tunnel and so didn’t receive any great interest from our side, but one thing I found strange was the invitation to George Peat and Gordon Smith, I cant recall them ever attending a match between the sides at Celtic park, but this is part of the big picture being played out by Rangers. It looks like they have decided to return to their roots, in times of adversity do what you do best, so what works better for them than the old tired “No Surrender” attitude, that’s what the minister for integrity Walter has installed in his team, and indeed Murray and Bain have installed in the whole club, well the way to defeat that is to be better than them at every level, from Directors and Players right down to the Fans.[/SIZE:2c36894b]
[SIZE=3:2c36894b]We have now made a stand and because it has went against us we must become stronger by it all, the powers that be at Celtic, John Reid, Peter Lawwell and Tony Mowbray must take up the cudgels, I would suggest to start with a refusal to co-operate with the SPL and the SFA unless bound by a contractual obligation to do so, the same should be done with the lap top loyal, there are far more intelligent people than me to work out a strategy, the most important point is that we decide that we will no longer accept being cheated.[/SIZE:2c36894b]
The follow follow mob haven’t changed for over 100 years, they have always been used to getting their own way both on the park and off it, I come from a shipbuilding background, when I worked in the yards the majority of foremen and managers were Rangers men and steeped in the Masonic society, the shop stewards and conveners were normally Celtic men, men who had to fight all their lives to get a living at all, not taken by the hand. But those days are gone now, we have supporters now from all walks of life, from university professors and lecturers to managing directors and company owners, we can compete in the work areas now because just being able to make a certain handshake doesn’t get you orders, its ability that counts now, not who you know, or where you go or don’t go on a Sunday morning. So let us all stand together in the fight for justice, it doesn’t come easy in this country where if you are not a Celtic fan then you are more likely to be anti-Celtic, but we are used to that and have endured it for years, Thomas Mc Sweeney said “It is not those who can inflict the most that will conquer, but those who can endure the most” well we have endured plenty let’s now begin the fight back. Keep the Faith.

fin15

Re: "Is that why they say LODGE an appeal"

Postby fin15 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Well said, a very good article. It is time for all Celtic supporters to use their considerable financial influence and adopt a 'green pound' approach to other SPL teams and the media;broadcast and written.

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:34 pm

Yes Joe I can't argue with you to be honest and fin15 CELTIC fans should think before they buy their papers etc. Too many fans just blindly do as they have done for years - it is time to call a halt, because if you stop buying their rags it would put them in so much trouble. Get your CELTIC news from a CELTIC source and leave these people to financially flounder. Let's face it tonight on the CELTIC webpages they have issued a statement that they did NOT complain about the falkirk pitch - yet what were we told by the media? We were fed a total untruth it would seem. So don't give them your money to read rubbish, ignore them, hit them in the pocket, you do not need to read their rubbish.

max

Postby max » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:05 pm

I find it hard to see why the club itself has let it go on for so long, and probably worse, actually accommodated the scumbags while knowing what their agenda was.

Return to “CSA News”