"A Call on All Celtic Supporters to Stand Up and be Counted"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"A Call on All Celtic Supporters to Stand Up and be Counted"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:15 pm

[SIZE=3:d1acf09b]I know that this season in football terms has been a disaster; its not just the fact that we have had a trophy less season; but the manner in which we have competed has been really infuriating at times. For anyone to be given the honour of wearing the Celtic jersey and not give 100% is unforgivable; some of our players need a long hard look at themselves; and I’m sure as Lenny says, some of them wont be at Celtic next season.[/SIZE:d1acf09b]
[SIZE=3:d1acf09b][/SIZE:d1acf09b]
[SIZE=3:d1acf09b]For me that is far from the most important issue that is facing us as Celtic supporters, I believe that the drastic drop in attendances at Celtic Park is the most worrying. Let me say right away I understand the fans frustrations at the performances on the pitch; and the attitude of some of the Players; but Players come and go, we the supporters are here for the long haul; as the song says “Faithful Through and Through”.[/SIZE:d1acf09b]

VinBhoy7

Re: "A Call on All Celtic Supporters to Stand Up and be Counted"

Postby VinBhoy7 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

I agree absoloutely with Joe's call to the faithful to prevent our sacred ground being turned into an open air celebration of bigotry and racism on Tuesday. It is imperative that the naysayers who claim to support our club get off the fence and get to the game to support the team. For the time being all else is irrelevant. We are not asking anybody to give clean bill of health to Reid, Desmond and co. But there are no excuses for not turning up on this occassion and therefore allowing for it to be turned into an occassion of sin. I don't want to hear from anybody who chooses to stay away from this game on this or any other site pretenting to be a Celtic supporter or to have the best interest of the club at heart by staying in the pub. Turn up or shut up! Hail Hail !:soldier:

braebhoy

Postby braebhoy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:39 pm

Joe
Agree with your sentiments we celtic fans should turn up and support the team with all our hearts
Lets drown out the bile from the low life who will occupy paradise for a short time
On another point the season is finished we must move on and build for the next campaign,i am amazed that no one in scottish football fans,clubs,media have not mentioned what i believe is the biggest disaster to hit our game (LIVE TELEVISION)We dont have the population to sustain it and i think we must try and do something to curtail it, its not as if we make millions from it but as long as celtic play a part in it (reluctantly im sure ) the game will go down the tubes
As a great man once said FOOTBALL IS NOTHING WITHOUT FANS

Hail Hail
Braebhoy

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Yes I do hope the fans get behind the team. Individual players, managers, and board members will come and go but the fans are the lifeblood of CELTIC.

astra

Postby astra » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:06 pm

hail hail 100%

offshorebhoy

Postby offshorebhoy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:47 pm

this is it joe time to show the shame we back the hoops to the end no matter what, time for the fair weather support in our ranks to stand up and be counted and if they cant make it give the ticket to someone who can. the team need our backing and we must be vocal for 90mins. KTF bhoys hail hail.

jbd

Postby jbd » Sun May 02, 2010 11:57 am

Agree with all the previous comments. We expect the players to give 100% in every game and the players have the right to expect the same from us. Stand up and be counted.

offshorebhoy

Postby offshorebhoy » Sun May 02, 2010 7:31 pm

lets drown out the shame with the noise from the bhoys hail hail

Return to “CSA News”