"Scotland's Shame Decend to a New Level"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"Scotland's Shame Decend to a New Level"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:26 pm

[SIZE=3:e35005aa]Just exactly what game are Rangers playing at? First of all we are having a minutes silence for their ex goalkeeper Gerry Neef, I suppose that’s their prerogative, they could have just worn black armbands or had a minutes applause which has proved very successful in the past, but they have decided on a minutes silence prior to kick off, will they do the silence before the dam busters tune or after it, quite ironic when you think the man they are supposed to be paying respect to was a German, I guess if any of his family are there they will be happy with “Land of Hope and Glory” as his send off tune.[/SIZE:e35005aa]
[SIZE=3:e35005aa]If that is bad enough then what is happening at half time takes Scotland’s Shame to a whole new level. They have decided to present a Rangers poppy jersey to Simon Weston (Falklands Veteran), this is a decision taken at the very highest level at Rangers obviously hoping to get a reaction from the Celtic fans. Now some questions need to be asked here. Why if they wanted to honour Simon Weston for a war he took part in nearly thirty years ago didn’t they present him with a poppy jersey on November 7th 2009 when they were at home to St Mirren, the day before Remembrance Sunday? Or on the night they had half the British army present when they played Unirea of Romania, I guess because that would not have received the reaction desired. You also have to ask yourself what would have happened if Claudio Cannigia and Gabriel Amato were still playing for them, would they want to rub the noses of two Argentinean Internationals into the mud, I doubt it.[/SIZE:e35005aa]
[SIZE=3:e35005aa]Another question for the establishment, bearing in mind there is a new dispute regarding oil exploration around the Falkland Islands, is this a good time to mix football with politics? we can ask all the question we want, but we all know that this is a pre-meditated attempt to embarrass the Celtic fans, an attempt that we should make sure is an abject failure.[/SIZE:e35005aa]
[SIZE=3:e35005aa]There is a tension that surrounds these matches, it stems from not wanting to lose to your rivals, emotions are usually running a bit high, and nerves are on a knife edge, you just hope your team comes away with a victory and you can celebrate with your mates, the last thing you need is to be deliberately wound up by the opposition. [/SIZE:e35005aa]
[SIZE=3:e35005aa]When that mob come to Celtic park we bend over backwards to accommodate them, the sound is turned off in the area they occupy, there are no replays shown on the big screens of Celtic goals, everything possible is done to avoid any adverse reaction. What do we get at Snake Mountain?? The triumphalism of an Orange Walk, the music from last night at the proms, everything that can be done to wind you up, is done with no exception.[/SIZE:e35005aa]
[SIZE=3:e35005aa]The most worrying thing about this is, that this was not concocted by somebody in the PR office, this has come from the very highest level, the owner the chairman and indeed the whole board of directors are involved in this attempt at extreme provocation, I have been following Celtic for over fifty years and this is the lowest they have stooped since Moonbeams banned us from the match.[/SIZE:e35005aa]
[SIZE=3:e35005aa]I would be interested to hear what the match commander for Sunday had to say about this, they continue to tell us this is a fixture with a fire burning under it, well they have just thrown more petrol on top.[/SIZE:e35005aa]
[SIZE=3:e35005aa]I would ask the Celtic fans present on Sunday to send a very clear message to Murray and Bain and their entire mob. We are better than you, we have always been better than you, and always will be, nothing you can do to us is any worse than has already been done to us and our forbearers, but we are still here and always will be, we will not go away. Celtic Football Club are the greatest team in the world with the best Supporters in the world, no matter what you do to undermine us, “WE SHALL OVERCOME”[/SIZE:e35005aa]
[SIZE=3:e35005aa][/SIZE:e35005aa]
[SIZE=3:e35005aa][/SIZE:e35005aa]

VinBhoy7

Re: "Scotland's Shame Decend to a New Level"

Postby VinBhoy7 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:17 pm

In terms of provocation you couldn't actually make this up. Clearly the bigots who run the club think they can divert the attentions from their financial woes by diverting the attention of what Graham Spiers recently described as the 'white underclass' which increasingly make their ranks on the terraces. No doubt the Celtic supporters will refuse to be intimated by such displays of jingoism and respond appropriately to such provocations. The sweetest of all spectacles will be a cartwheel towards the fans in the 'Free Broomlan' stand as he celebrates our victory! Hail Hail !

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Words fail me but to be honest nothing surprises me about what they do. Let's just make sure we win the game - that imho would be the best answer to them. Come on the HOOPS:clover:

Rupert The Tim

Re: "Scotland's Shame Descend to a New Level"

Postby Rupert The Tim » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:24 pm

The cultural and political differences between our communities are well known to the host club on Sunday so their actions are clearly and deliberately designed to provoke and response and damage our Support.

Given the tinderbox nature of this fixture I am surprised that Rangers FC have taken such a position and even more so that Strathclyde Police have no comment to make on an obvious flashpoint.

Sunday's jingoistic activities will give the Rangers support succour in times of diffficulty and that is a very good diversionary tactic. When in trouble, it's always best for them to get back to their roots - the Boyne, FTP, No Pope of Rome and no surrender. Sadly for them, that is a position of diminishing reward and our day is coming slowly but surely.....and they know it.

As for the family of the late Gerry Neef, May He Rest In Peace, I feel for them in their bereavement. Whether his tribute will come in between the Dambusters, The Great Escape or Land of Hope and Glory or whatever will be sickening. Not sickening because it is a tribute to good man and a decent footballer but sickening because of the type of people involved in it and their twisted vile motives.

Rupert The Tim

Postby Rupert The Tim » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:30 pm

Forgot to say the most important thing - brilliant post Joe and I agree with every single word.

scotrodg

Postby scotrodg » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:06 pm

I can't argue with the point that the Huns moves today were meant to provoke...because I truly don't know!

What does disappoint me is the fact that many Celtic Supporters rise to the bait every time.
Listening to the game on the radio today left me feeling ashamed of those so called Celtic Supporters who chose not to respect the minutes silence for Gerry Neef.
Truth is I have never heard of Gerry Neef before but whoever it was they were due the respect of everyone present for at least sixty seconds!
As a life long follower of Celtic, being brought up in "The Tradition", I was always taught that respect was everything. You give respect until such times as it is proven to be undeserved.
The current board of the Huns may well not deserve any respect in your view, but I am pretty sure that Gerry Neef does.
To act as those people did today makes them not only as bad as their so called provokers but worse!
The issue of the presentation to Simon Weston, where the hell did that come from??
I don't know what dodgy reason they had for that but they chose to do it, so respect it and get on with it.
The antipathy towards the armed forces seems not to take account of the fact that there are hundreds, maybe thousands of Celtic Supporters within those same armed forces...think on!

Since I was a very small child I have been given to understand that Celtic Supporters are inclusive, egalitarian and charitable. None of those values were on show today!
In a week when terrorism has again reared it's ugly head in Northern Ireland a bit less jingoism and a bit more thought and adult like behaviour would have been something to be proud of.
Today those people who broke the silence let themselves, the Supporters around them and Celtic down...badly!!

Grow up!

max

Postby max » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:31 pm

dogrot!!
What disappoints me is that we MIGHT have supporters like you in our ranks, and I very much doubt we have!
So dogrot or whatever your name is FvCK OFF!
I know you guys are a bit 'thick skinned;, So I'll say it again "FvCK OFF"!!

I'm sure, you being such a "GROWN UP" you should understand this simple command, but since you're not, I'll say it again, "FvCK OFF"!

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:09 pm

Max
Why dont you say what you mean, i hate a guy that sit's on the fence, just get it off your chest.

scotrodg

Postby scotrodg » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Great stuff lads!

Ah hope ye dinnae think that you "commanding" me to disappear means it will happen, because it won't!
Just because the huns are our arch rivals disnae mean we have tae sink tae the same depths as them.
Unfortunately the mouthbreathers (if the hat fits wear it) who broke the silence on Saturday played right into their hands. It would have ripped their knittin' if every Celtic fan present had stood in silence for a full sixty seconds, you cannae see that though Max!
Ah've stood in the Jungle and on the Celtic End wae supporters who would be ashamed o' this crap you and yer mates are talkin'. Celtic supporters have traditionally risen above that sort of hyperbole and let the huns get on wae scrapin' the bottom o' the barrel...lets face it, thats their territory!
You reckon Ah'm "thick skinned"? A whole lot better than bein' plain old thick Max!!

As for you Joe, ye dinnae exactly cover yersel' in glory!
Voice of the Celtic Support? I think not!!
It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

Regards

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:25 pm

Let me tell you something, i never claimed to be the voice of the Celtic support, but i'm the elected voice of the Supporters Association, but at least i dont have to use a cover name, if you want to stand against me for election then by all means do so, but i think thats not your game. Everyones entitled to their opinion on this site, including you, if you dont like that then there is an simple solution..

Return to “CSA News”