"Scotland's Shame Decend to a New Level"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
irish eyes

Re: "Scotland's Shame Decend to a New Level"

Postby irish eyes » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:17 pm

scotrodg - your post mentions "respect". I was brought up to show respect but imho it's a two way thing and sometimes folk need to earn respect. I must admit I have diffiuclty at times showing respect to folk who quite clearly have no time for my or "my kind" and wish me "to go home". My feeling is that I expect people to treat me as I would treat them and when they clearly don't respect me I do not feel the need to show them respect. I personally, had I been attending the game, would have stayed in the inner part of the stadium and took my seat after the "silence" was over, however each to his own I guess. I think all this "handclapping" and "silence" should just be done away with. If you want to attend a service or memorial for someone then do so however, if you want to attend a football match then that's another matter. The two do not need to be combined imho. There's a time and place for everything. That solution would do away with the problem.

scotrodg

Postby scotrodg » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:37 pm

I have to agree with you Joe.

Apologies if you haven't styled yourself as the voice of the Celtic support but I have seen you described as such elsewhere.
No doubt it would have been in some tacky, conspiracy riven tabloid.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, myself included as you say.
That being the case why would you, the administrator and elected voice of the Association, encourage a fool like Max in his "commanding" of me to f*** off?
Not really a great example of control of the forum!
I don't think your fellow member Max is quite so broadminded as you and I though, maybe as the administrator of this site you should take a look at the language and style of narrative he uses.
As Celtic are renowned the world over as a Family club there are sure to be a few youngsters on here, I'm sure you wouldn't want to be accused of exposing them to the above rant by Max?
One thing I have always loved about being a Celtic supporter is the full on positive vibe that goes along with it, even in the hardest times we are the ones there singing until the end.
Please take a look around you Joe, life's too short to be spent trying to pick holes in every bit of minutiae arising from hun towers and converting into a "conspiracy".
Celtic are the greatest football club in the world, bar none.
Why not spend your time being a bit more positive and rise above the rubbish perpetrated by the other lot?
We are better than that Joe! We are above that Joe! By going down the "conspiracy" route you are playing right in to their hands and allowing them the last laugh.
They now (rightly) have license to refer to the Celtic support in derogatory terms after last weekends minutes silence fiasco.

Come on Joe, get rid of the negative rubbish and ignore the trash coming from elsewhere.

Be a Celtic man in the true tradition of the words!

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:27 pm

The problem with what you say is, i'm not a turn the other cheek type person, if i think that we are being hard done by, then i will voice my opinion on such, i dont intend to let the likes of Murray and Bain rub our noses in at every oppertunity, they done it when they had financial dominance over us, but they dont have that now, as you say the Follow Follow brigade have not changed but our support has, we have far more intelligent fans now than we did before, we also have access to print now through the internet that we didn't have before, so we must use it.
I dont want to carry this on any further, i think enough has been said about it for this post but there are more to come. I also agree with you to some extent about the use of uneccessary language, but i'm not here to ban people from the forum, i have had attacks myself from other users, yourself being one, if we are genuine fans then lets as you say give each other respect, and that includes you, as i said already everyones entitled to their opinion, obviously within the proper parameters.

max

Postby max » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:14 pm

Scotrodg, you're exactly the type of supporter the laptop loyalists/SFA (both the same to me) love.

A sap!

Return to “CSA News”