Minutes Silence for Ex-Rangers Player on Sunday

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Minutes Silence for Ex-Rangers Player on Sunday

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:53 pm

[SIZE=3:5152b40c]This is for information only Rangers have requested a minute’s silence before the match on Sunday to show respect to their former goalkeeper Gerry Neef who has recently passed away. Neef played for Rangers between 1968 and 1973.[/SIZE:5152b40c]
[SIZE=3:5152b40c][/SIZE:5152b40c]
[SIZE=3:5152b40c]I’m sure the Celtic supporters present will give it the respect it deserves, although many will feel that once again it is us who are being put to the test.[/SIZE:5152b40c]

max

Re: Minutes Silence for Ex-Rangers Player on Sunday

Postby max » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:32 pm

Firstly I would hope that all Celtic supporters observe this minutes silence, but you're right, the huns are playing games at the expence of this poor mans passing.
Surely, as is the norm, a black arm band would more than sufice!
They really are a despicable lot aren't they.
Dignity indeed!!!

JGG

Postby JGG » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:22 am

Shame on Rangers using this as a method of promoting anti Celtic propaganda
most Celtic fans will respect the minutes silence, I fear though the one or two idiots who won't see what Rangers are up to and shout and heckle.
If Rangers genuinely wanted to honour this guy they would have a minutes applause,especially in a potentially hostile environment like that
but we all know what the Rangers agenda is.

I urge the fans of Celtic to make extra sure they speak to the guy on the bus most likely to do this,the committee runners of the buses need to tell these type of guys that future Ibrox tickets wont go there way if they start any shouting that could be used by our enemys to destroy the good name of Celtic.

Do not give Rangers the satisfaction - We are better than them at every level,we shouldnt be dragged to there lowly standards

clover4

Postby clover4 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:18 am

This another ploy and a disgraceful one at that .If the silence is observed by our support good on them ,can any one remember them respecting any of our departed ex players NO. They are once again trying to put our support in a bad light albeit prematurely.The family of Mr Neef have my heartfelt condolences on their sad loss.

max

Postby max » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:57 pm

Rangers coaching staff refusing to applaude wee Jinky!!
Nuff said!!

gert/canada

Postby gert/canada » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:03 pm

I dont know if this would be taken in bad taste ,but maybe the Celtic end should applaud the minutes silence . Just a thought

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:08 pm

I think you have to go with what they request Gert, the sinister thing about it is, it was Rangers who asked the family if they could hold a minutes silence, when the hullabaloo started the family asked for a minutes applause, needless to say the monkeys declined that request.

Return to “CSA News”