"Funeral Arrangements for Robert Finnigan a True Celtic Fan"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"Funeral Arrangements for Robert Finnigan a True Celtic Fan"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:56 pm

[SIZE=3:f9e20af6]He was a Celtic Man, how many times have we heard that?, but in the case of Robert Finnigan it was very much a true statement. Sadly Robert passed away last Friday night. Robert was a lifelong Celtic fan, he was a long standing member of Greenfield Celtic Supporters Club and also served for many years on the Executive Committee of the Celtic Supporters Association, I was lucky enough to serve with Robert on the committee, whenever there was any tension with arguments getting very heated Robert would always come up with a one -liner that would have everyone laughing, he had a great sense of humour, but he was no shrinking violet, Robert would always fight his corner, he was certainly no soft touch.[/SIZE:f9e20af6]

[SIZE=3:f9e20af6]When Robert joined the Executive Committee (EC) he was part of the social committee, he then moved to the position of ticket convener that’s where he excelled, he loved the role, he was a great help to our overseas branches, if there were fans coming over for a few weeks from North America, Robert would make sure they got tickets for the match, the same was done for the many fans who travelled from Ireland, he built up a great reputation amongst the fans, they knew if anyone could get them a ticket, then Robert could, if it was for a fellow fan, then he would do all in his power to make sure they were catered for, nothing was too much bother to him. Robert acted as liaison officer for the North American Federation here in Scotland, any problems they had he would deal with them, he was very much appreciated and will be sadly missed by all who knew him in the Celtic Family.[/SIZE:f9e20af6]

finny Jnr

Re: "Funeral Arrangements for Robert Finnigan a True Celtic Fan"

Postby finny Jnr » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:19 am

THANKS VERY MUCH to joe and all who had my da in thier thoughts
you have helped my ma,brothers n myself through this sad time
God bless
HH
Junior

Return to “CSA News”