"Bishop John Moore passes away, another great loss to the Celtic family"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"Bishop John Moore passes away, another great loss to the Celtic family"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:29 pm

[SIZE=3:7bcb1c58][URL="http://www.celticsupporterassoc.co.uk/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=64"][/URL:7bcb1c58][/SIZE:7bcb1c58]
[SIZE=3:7bcb1c58]Myself presenting Bishop John with a cheque for £6000, also in the picture is Father Willie Brandon and Jim Divers (ex General Secretary)[/SIZE:7bcb1c58]

[SIZE=3:7bcb1c58]It is with great sadness that I have to announce the passing of Bishop John Moore of the Society of African Missions (SMA), Bishop John had been unwell and returned to Ireland for treatment, although the prognosis was good he took a turn for the worse and passed away peacefully.[/SIZE:7bcb1c58]
[SIZE=3:7bcb1c58]Bishop John was in charge of Bauchi Diocese in Northern Nigeria where the majority of the Walfrid Wells were placed. As you would expect of an Irish Bishop he was very humble and down to earth, a man who made you very welcome and relaxed in his company.[/SIZE:7bcb1c58]
[SIZE=3:7bcb1c58]I met Bishop John in Dunblane when I was handing him a cheque for £6000 for the Wells fund, he told me it was divine intervention as he had just received 24 appeals from parish priests looking for money from the water fund, at that time the water fund was empty, since then through your magnificent donations we have raised over £30,000 for the Walfrid Wells, that in itself will be a lasting legacy to the work of Bishop John and his fellow Missionaries.[/SIZE:7bcb1c58]
[SIZE=3:7bcb1c58]Bishop John will be laid to rest in the SMA cemetery in Cork city, his funeral mass will be conducted tomorrow (Saturday) morning at 10-30 am, the condolences of the Association have been passed on to Father Pat Mc Quire in Dunblane.[/SIZE:7bcb1c58]
[SIZE=3:7bcb1c58]I will post a tribute to Bishop John in the next few day, in the meantime please keep him and his fellow Priests and family in your thoughts and prayers. “May He Rest in Peace.”[/SIZE:7bcb1c58]

irish eyes

Re: "Bishop John Moore passes away, another great loss to the Celtic family"

Postby irish eyes » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:39 pm

Rest in Peace

Return to “CSA News”