" Big Tony on Referees and Transfers "

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

" Big Tony on Referees and Transfers "

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:57 pm

At last big Tony has came and said that referee Stephen Conroy was wrong on two occasions, the disallowed goal and the tackle by Laughferty, it took a couple of days but at least he got there in the end. I hope this is the start of the Celtic manager standing up for his team and club in general, for too long we have sat back and taken whatever was thrown our way, not since the days of big Jock, big Billy and Davie Hay has our manager came out and attacked corrupt referees,in fact Davie Hay when he was manager actually said away back then, that we should apply to join the English League after another disgraceful refereeing display against the Forces of Darkness.
This comes on a day when Ally Mc Coist said that Laugherty was lucky to stay on the pitch, but his manager (the Minister for Integrity)contradicts that by saying it was a forwards challenge, and therefore only merited a yellow card, and he also believes that Marco's challenge on Mc Gregor was indeed a foul so the referee was correct to disallow the goal, no surprises there then, but even the laptop loyal disagreed with him, now how unusual is that?.
Another thing we need to sort out is our intended transfer dealings, I mean, what part of not for sale does Birmingham City not understand?, we need to make a full public statement that Aiden Mc Geady is not for sale at any price, and I mean any price, we have a title to win back and we will need our best players to achieve that. The same goes for Scott Mc Donald, he is our top goal scorer and we will need him on form for the rest of the season, moreover, unless both of these players are telling lies they have no desire to leave Celtic, at least not in the foreseeable future.
Lets hope that in the present transfer window, for the benefit of both the players and the club we can move out the players who want to leave, or who are not good enough for the team, and that we can bring in fresh talent who will help us drive on to the title and the Scottish Cup.
There are lots of empty seats at Celtic Park at the moment, the best way to fill them, is to, " Play Football the Glasgow Celtic Way "

irish eyes

Re: " Big Tony on Referees and Transfers "

Postby irish eyes » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:45 pm

This is a genuine question - perhaps I missed it but has the ref made any comment on the "disallowed" goal by fortune - coz I haven't heard anything yet. Also has FIFA taken any action against henry for his hand ball incident in the game against the Republic of Ireland? I've been kept very busy and things have been hectic for me recently so I maybe have missed these points and I would really appreciate a wee update from any of you guys. Ta.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:42 pm

FIFA did not take any action against Thierry Henry, although they did discuss the incident, and to my knowledge Stephen Conroy has not made any comment whatsoever, not surprised about that one bit.

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:38 pm

It really is time football caught up with rugby, tennis etc and used modern technology to replay incidents during matches, this stupidity costs teams points. The daft idea being used in the Europa games with extra officials is just a complete joke - more officials who can be ignored by the ref and get things wrong. We don't need to pay more officials (jobs for the boys) what a load of rubbish. God we really are so far behind it like being in the dark ages.

Return to “CSA News”