Some Special Kids at Lennoxtown

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Some Special Kids at Lennoxtown

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:17 pm

[URL="http://www.celticsupporterassoc.co.uk/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=60"][/URL:e98bf735]

[SIZE=3:e98bf735]
I had the great honour of accompanying the children from St Vincent’s school for the Deaf in a visit to watch Celtic train at Lennoxtown on Thursday November 26th. St Vincent's is situated just along London Road from Celtic Park.The kids had a fantastic day getting autographs and pictures taken with the first team squad who showed great patience and understanding.[/SIZE:e98bf735]
[SIZE=3:e98bf735]It is a very humbling experience to be in the company of these very special kids, they are all profoundly deaf and most have multiple disabilities; some have had numerous operations, but you never hear them complain, they are part of a very small group of special needs children who have great and dedicated teachers and carers who show so much love and affection to the children which is greatly appreciated by all who care for them.[/SIZE:e98bf735]
[SIZE=3:e98bf735]I would like to thank Peter Lawwell and Ian Jamieson for arranging the visit; Ian arranged everything on the day; making sure the kids were well catered for with snacks and juice, and that they got plenty of autographs and pictures taken with their hero’s; also teachers Tommy Donnelly and Hugh Connolly and all the other staff who helped to make it a very memorable day I’m sure the children will never forget their day at Lennoxtown.[/SIZE:e98bf735]
[SIZE=3:e98bf735]The parents and families of these children are very proud of them, and they have every right to be too, just another example of the great Celtic family coming together, that's what makes us different from all the others.[/SIZE:e98bf735]

irish eyes

Re: " Some Special Kids at Lennoxtown "

Postby irish eyes » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Keep up the good work folks. Hail Hail

weemarty

Re: Some Special Kids at Lennoxtown

Postby weemarty » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:04 pm

There for the grace of god go I. Well done Celtic. Hail Hail

Return to “CSA News”