Racism Will Not Be Tolerated at Ibrox, unless your Irish that is

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Racism Will Not Be Tolerated at Ibrox, unless your Irish that is

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:06 pm

[SIZE=3:353e42b5]So Rangers have threatened to expel the INDIVIDUAL who racially abused Maurice Edu, they have halved the problem right away (pity they cant do that with the goals they concede in Europe), Edu says on his message board “Not sure what hurt more; result last nite or being racially abused by couple of our own fans as I’m getting in my car”, but Rangers state “Rangers Football Club condemns out of hand this moronic behaviour. The action of this individual is disgusting and completely unacceptable”[/SIZE:353e42b5]
[SIZE=3:353e42b5]It’s a pity Rangers don’t take the same stance when Aiden Mc Geady gets racially abused every time we play their team; and before him Neil Lennon and Anton Rogan; I don’t remember anyone from Rangers condemning that; I’m sure Nail Mc Ginn and Paddy Mc Court will be next in line. In fact up until about twenty years ago, everyone who was not part of the indigenous population of Scotland was abused; that was any player from Spain or Italy or Portugal; even the Brazilian national team who won the World Cup in 1970 were derided by the then Rangers manager Willie Waddell.

irish eyes

Re: Racism Will Not Be Tolerated at Ibrox, unless your Irish that is

Postby irish eyes » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:37 pm

There's really not much more I could add to your comments other than to say I agree with you. The silence from some quarters on the racist abuse our players get actually speaks volumes about them though.
:clover:

clover4

Postby clover4 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:00 pm

Racism and the rotten mob go hand in hand.They made abig thing of giving the armed forces tickets they could not sell next day pictured in the daily ranger pictures of soldiers wearing orange rankers scarves. Enough said.

Dubcelt

Postby Dubcelt » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:13 pm

If Carlsberg did hypocrisy......

Carntyne

Postby Carntyne » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:32 pm

[SIZE=2:35d645da]They weren't Rangers fans....they were Chelsea fans in Rangers shirts...
so they were![/SIZE:35d645da]

tim4life1997

Postby tim4life1997 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:47 pm

i agree with everything you say but we celtic supporters woudn't allow the club to give tickets to soldiers because of our JUSTIFIED hostility to the british army and the scum of a royal family, PS: when our game comes near remembarance day the players have to wear poppys what are your views on this Joe:question:

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:39 pm

My views are very clear on it, as you would expect i totally disagree with our club being used in this way and i have expressed that opinion to Peter Lawwell, i have a meeting with him on Tuesday and that will be on the agenda

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:42 pm

The wearing of a poppy should not be forced on any of our players. If they choose to wear one that should be there own personal decision. I personally feel it is out of order for anyone being made to wear a poppy, it has nothing to do with football.

salty

Postby salty » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:51 pm

Lawell and Reid sold the jerseys last season when they allowed poppies on the strip.

This year and every subsequent year will be the same.

As for Rangers and racism, they go hand in hand.

Celtics silence on the Famine song and the jibes at Celtic Boys Club are unforgiveable.

When are we as a Club gonna stand up for ourselves.

For every visiting fan at CP caught singing either of these songs, they should get 100 seats deducted from their allocation.

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:48 pm

If the "law of the land" says the famine song is racist then why do the police not take action on this matter?

Return to “CSA News”