St Vincent's School for the Deaf

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

St Vincent's School for the Deaf

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:12 pm

[URL="http://www.celticsupporterassoc.co.uk/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=59"][/URL:031cd6bf]

[SIZE=3:031cd6bf]
I had the great pleasure a couple of weeks ago of visiting St Vincent’s school for the deaf in the east end of Glasgow. The reason for my visit was to hand over a cheque for £1,000 which the Association has donated to help boost the school funds.[/SIZE:031cd6bf]
[SIZE=3:031cd6bf]The school now have only about twenty pupils, some are deaf and some have multiple disabilities, because of the small number of pupils attending the school there is obviously limited opportunity to raise funds through the parents so they can do with all the help they can get.[/SIZE:031cd6bf]
[SIZE=3:031cd6bf]The school does fantastic work with the children who range from nursery to high school; they try every year to take the kids on a school trip, and as the kids have special needs this don’t come cheap.[/SIZE:031cd6bf]
[SIZE=3:031cd6bf]I would ask all Celtic fans to keep the school and its pupils in their thoughts and prayers, and if anyone would like to make a donation towards the school can do so either direct or by contacting me at the Association.[/SIZE:031cd6bf]
[SIZE=3:031cd6bf]You can see me with the head teacher Angela and some of the pupils presenting the cheque.[/SIZE:031cd6bf]

irish eyes

Re: St Vincent's School for the Deaf

Postby irish eyes » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:29 pm

A very worthy cause indeed. Well done to all involved.

Return to “CSA News”