Good Losers and Bad Referees, a Fatal Combination

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Good Losers and Bad Referees, a Fatal Combination

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:24 pm

[SIZE=3:87e00cfd]I don’t like good losers, show me a good loser and I’ll show you someone who’s destined to always be a loser; the sight of Celtic players queuing up to shake hands with guys who have just spent 90 minutes trying to kick them off the park is distressing to say the least, give me a Neil Lennon or Alan Thomson any day of the week, they didn’t like losing and didn’t like losing especially to the “ Son’s of Satan “ , it's alright being magnanimous in defeat by a team like Barcelona or Real Madrid, but against a rotten Rangers team, no way !!!!. I also think big Tony needs to be a bit more animated, I’m not saying he doesn’t feel it as much as us; but I think he needs to show it a bit more; he needs to get in peoples faces; and by people I mean officials, referees and linesmen, he also needs to get in the Boards faces because this team needs strengthening if we are to win back the title; some big decisions need to be taken, I’m sure he took the job on the promise of financial backing; well he needs that support; and he needs it ASAP.[/SIZE:87e00cfd]
[SIZE=3:87e00cfd]As for the referee Craig Thomson, another disaster, his handling of the game was on a par with his predecessors, Dougal and Dallas, one guy who certainly wont want to see the back of him is the captain of Dad’s Army Davey Weir; he can play till he’s 50 if Craig is the referee, at least two stonewall penalties against him; one which results in Shaun Maloney getting booked; deliberate hand balls ( Novo ); but no booking; tackles bordering on assault; in fact an actual assault on Skippy in the penalty box, no action taken; two Celtic players booked for diving, this all contributed to the defeat; but lets face facts, that was one of the worst Rangers teams I have seen in over 50 years, they had a midfield full of midgets and still managed to outfight us at times, their central defence was there to be attacked but we didn’t manage to support wee Scott enough, up front they have Kenny Millar who cant score against anyone but us; he bullied our two central defenders into making mistakes, it looked as if all our eggs were in Aidens basket, and they just doubled up on him leaving him no space to work the ball, we certainly missed Hinkel and Fox; but Wilson and Naylor weren’t the worst on the pitch.[/SIZE:87e00cfd]
[SIZE=3:87e00cfd]The only saving grace is that this is the first game against them, we need to learn by our mistakes, if some of our players aren’t up for the fight then we need to move them on and bring fresh blood in, big Tony says he is still confident we will win the League, I’m happy with that, but we need to get a settled team, a team full of winners who can go on a run of victories that will take us away from our rivals and secure another league title, we are still top of the league; lets make sure we stay there, that means everyone pulling in the same direction.[/SIZE:87e00cfd]

braebhoy

Re: Good Losers and Bad Referees, a Fatal Combination

Postby braebhoy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:01 pm

Joe
My feelings mirror yours Big Tony is starting to annoy me with his laid back attitude towards incompetent refs or cheats take your pick
we have been denied 4or5 stonewall penalties this season and its only october
Team is full of powder puff players he needs to address it and soon
He will have my support for now but he must change things sooner rather than later.

sierra.rs500

Postby sierra.rs500 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:19 pm

[SIZE=3:71b15e77]I don’t like good losers, show me a good loser and I’ll show you someone who’s destined to always be a loser; the sight of Celtic players queuing up to shake hands with guys who have just spent 90 minutes trying to kick them off the park is distressing to say the least, give me a Neil Lennon or Alan Thomson any day of the week, they didn’t like losing and didn’t like losing especially to the “ Son’s of Satan “ , it's alright being magnanimous in defeat by a team like Barcelona or Real Madrid, but against a rotten Rangers team, no way !!!!. I also think big Tony needs to be a bit more animated, I’m not saying he doesn’t feel it as much as us; but I think he needs to show it a bit more; he needs to get in peoples faces; and by people I mean officials, referees and linesmen, he also needs to get in the Boards faces because this team needs strengthening if we are to win back the title; some big decisions need to be taken, I’m sure he took the job on the promise of financial backing; well he needs that support; and he needs it ASAP.[/SIZE:71b15e77]
[SIZE=3:71b15e77]As for the referee Craig Thomson, another disaster, his handling of the game was on a par with his predecessors, Dougal and Dallas, one guy who certainly wont want to see the back of him is the captain of Dad’s Army Davey Weir; he can play till he’s 50 if Craig is the referee, at least two stonewall penalties against him; one which results in Shaun Maloney getting booked; deliberate hand balls ( Novo ); but no booking; tackles bordering on assault; in fact an actual assault on Skippy in the penalty box, no action taken; two Celtic players booked for diving, this all contributed to the defeat; but lets face facts, that was one of the worst Rangers teams I have seen in over 50 years, they had a midfield full of midgets and still managed to outfight us at times, their central defence was there to be attacked but we didn’t manage to support wee Scott enough, up front they have Kenny Millar who cant score against anyone but us; he bullied our two central defenders into making mistakes, it looked as if all our eggs were in Aidens basket, and they just doubled up on him leaving him no space to work the ball, we certainly missed Hinkel and Fox; but Wilson and Naylor weren’t the worst on the pitch.[/SIZE:71b15e77]
[SIZE=3:71b15e77]The only saving grace is that this is the first game against them, we need to learn by our mistakes, if some of our players aren’t up for the fight then we need to move them on and bring fresh blood in, big Tony says he is still confident we will win the League, I’m happy with that, but we need to get a settled team, a team full of winners who can go on a run of victories that will take us away from our rivals and secure another league title, we are still top of the league; lets make sure we stay there, that means everyone pulling in the same direction.[/SIZE:71b15e77]

we will never win against them because we are to weak we went from a big physical team under martin oniel to a bunch of weaklings why dose scott brown get away with it he is rubbish as for maloney he is useless and mgeady even i know what he going to do next.

salty

Postby salty » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:36 pm

Our best players were McGeady, N`Guemo and ZiZi.

Incredibly the latter two were replaced.

To bring on Samaras was as bad as being down to ten men.

sierra.rs500

Postby sierra.rs500 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:46 pm

i hate being critical but this rangers team are crap and we still cant beat them because they bully us.

Sniper

Postby Sniper » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:35 pm

If ever there was a case for the "third eye" like they have in rugby, this is it. To miss a clear cut penalty is bad enough but to miss two is a disgrace, and what about the hand ball from Novo, clearly a 2nd bookable offence so he, like Wier, should have been shown the door. I believe that Mogga should save time and effort in looking for average to mediocre players and follow the Huns example, why spend large amounts oc dosh on players when all we have to do is "BUY" the referee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:terror:

irish eyes

Postby irish eyes » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:05 pm

We really have to get our act together and fast. Some of our players are just not good enough and Tony has to move them on and bring in more capable players. For a few seasons our defence has been pretty poor and that has to be sorted out now. It's a bad day when we can't beat such a poor rankers team. The board have to back Tony and get us back on track. Onwards and upwards. As for the refs, just don't get me started. It really is laughable when the come out saying they got it wrong when we've lost points because of their "errors". It makes me sick.

gert/canada

Postby gert/canada » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:39 pm

mowbray does,nt have to voice his disapproval of thompson,s inept display of refereeing it was their for all to see. Lets not get carried away this is not the first time . sierra55 your comments are not what l expect from a true tim . make no bones about it we will win the league this year that l have no doubt about . but let,s not get on the celtic is not good enough bandwagon because that,s what they want . we would have won the game last sunday only for the bad decisions made by the ref , all be it the defending was poor to say the least , truth be told we were the better team. come may time what i,m saying now will hold true. keep the faith hail hail gert canada . had a few swally,s but i hope this makes some sense.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:44 am

If you've had a few swallies someone else must be out of pocket, i haven't heard from you for a while, mail me soon mate.

Return to “CSA News”