"The Voice of All Our Fans Must Be Heard"

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

"The Voice of All Our Fans Must Be Heard"

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu May 20, 2010 2:24 pm

[SIZE=3:118720f5]“The Voice Of All The Fans Must Be Heard”[/SIZE:118720f5]

[SIZE=3:118720f5]The response to the suggestion of forming an On-Line branch of the Celtic Supporters Association has been very positive up to now, it would appear there is a void there that needs to be filled so that fans who support Celtic both individually and in small groups can be properly represented.[/SIZE:118720f5]

Auldheid

Re: "The Voice of All Our Fans Must Be Heard"

Postby Auldheid » Sat May 22, 2010 1:47 am

[B:b5deaee2]"I think now is the time for us to represent the hopes and aspirations of all our supporters, whether they travel by bus or car, or indeed even if they can’t manage to travel at all for whatever reason"[/B:b5deaee2]

I think this is is a key consideration. How many Celtic supporters who cannot attend games would nevertheless pay something to officially be a Celtic supporter?

How much would they be prepared to spend weekly/monthly/annually?

What would they expect in return and crucially where would the income go?

How many are getting too old to travel and are lost to the club but could continue to contribute to Celtic if an on line supporters club were in place? (Discounts for pensioners of course Joe :wink:)

How many would like to contribute something because they have an emotional investment in Celtic but not the means of demonstrating their feelings financially unless they go to a game or buy merchandise?

As someone who recently expressed a dream

[URL:b5deaee2]http://celticunderground.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=309:i-have-a-dream&catid=37:season-2009-2010&Itemid=65[/URL:b5deaee2]

this is a very welcome development by the CSA and I hope Celtic themselves realise the potential that now exists using technolgy to not only unite the support but possibly provide a complementary income source to our mainstay of SB sales and work with the Open Meeting parties to explore possibilities.

This could be the biggest and most important development in recent Celtic history if the vision is wide and far reaching enough.

Go for it Joe.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Sat May 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Pat
As usual a very full and intelligent response to a post; we hope that all the fans out there who are not already affiliated to one group or another may see the benefit in this scheme.
I have to say, if we get a good enough response to the post, and want to instigate it, then we have to change the constitution of the Association; we are actually in the process of doing a rules revision at the moment anyway, so i dont see ant barriers there; and the Trustees have discussed the plan a few times and are in favour of it.
There are obvious problems with voting rights etc and how peoples opinions would be expressed if not at a meeting; prepared agenda's would be one way of setting up an on-line poll.
Hopefully i'll talk with the rest of the trustees next week when they return from Santa Ponsa (I'm too poor for that), we can then start the process of formally changing the constitution at the AGM (obviously if the member branches agree).
Your idea of another method of contributing to the financial benefit of Celtic Fc is very interesting; i'm sure PL will be having a look as we write this, keep in touch mate, i'm still getting problems with my e mails on the new computer.
Joe

Auldheid

Postby Auldheid » Fri May 28, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi Joe

Just looked in as I'm right now doing a follow up on that idea of using a membership scheme to contribute to Celtic's financial benefit and needed the link to your post.

It is aimed at promoting more thought on the matter linking through from the Open Meetings right up to last night's meeting at KD Suite where Peter Lawwell said a lot (NOT all of couse) of the problems were around communication, so I am trying to keep that cente stage and kill two birds with one stone.

I'll be in touch.

Return to “CSA News”