Time for Celtic Fans to Bhoycott

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
EDN1CSC

Re: Time for Celtic Fans to Bhoycott

Postby EDN1CSC » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:10 pm

I agree. I can't afford to go to away matches (£54 for me and my wee boy at Rugby Park a few seasons ago plus travel cost and £10 for catering did it for me) so I hesitate to recommend to faithful followers that they should boycott certain away matches but I hope they might seriously consider this suggestion.

For too long clubs in this country have bitten the hand that feeds them and a limited boycott may serve as a timely reminder.

Mad Vlad is a bit part player in a 007 movie - just ignore him and he'll explode one day. Never read the Daily Record or Sunday Mail and would encourage others to do the same. Try the Daily Mail which is a quality read and will last you all day instead of the Record that you''ll have finished (including crossword and a chat with the ticket collector) on the train from Bishopbriggs to Queen Street.

The Daily Mail!!!!!!!
Immigrants this and immigrants that the front page every single day, anymore right wing they fall off the face of the earth!

IMO The Herald is the best out of a bad bunch although the writing from Daryll King leaves alot to be desired with his thinly veiled attacks on Celtic. Only Decent paper for me is the Sunday Herald.

The rest are a waste of ink.

EDN1CSC

Postby EDN1CSC » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:17 pm

In the last week Celtic have came under attack from several different directions, it's time we started to flex our muscles and hit back at these people by bhoycotting their products. I'll start with Gordon Waddell of the Sunday Mail, he makes comments about Landry N'Guemo that if they are not Racist then its as close as you can get, he goes with a headline of " YOU MUST BE RADIO RENTAL" he then confuses the Amazon in South America with Cameroon in Africa, that doesn't matter, what matters is that he infers that Landry told lies by saying that he listened to Celtic games on the radio when growing up, while casting aspersions on two former Celtic players ability, he insults both Landry and Celtic football club. I have written to him (Waddell) his editor George Cheyne and Peter Lawwell to officially complain. If ther are any Celtic fans out there who still buy this paper please refrain in future, you do nothing but finance these people to attack Celtic on a weekly basis.
Next up in Mad Vlad Romanov, he tells anyone who will listen that the only way we can beat Dinamo Moscow is if we get help from the referee,well that will be a case for contacting the Guiness book of Records, why has this mug got to comment on Celtic, you would think he had enogh to worry about with his own team.
But the best of all is Dundee Utd chairman Stephen Thompson, he attacks Celtic chairman John Reid for having the cheek to tell the other SPL cubs that they got it wrong with the Setanta deal, i think they know that now alright, a few will be on very shakey ground with the banks, he also has a go at Celtic because Peter Lawwell and John Reid didn't attend the AGM, he has the audacity to complain about Celtic sending Director Eric Riley to the Agm. Best of all is, he says to be fair to Rangers Martin Bain was away all week, does that infer that he isn't being fair to Celtic, i think the answer to that is very clear, so what can we as Celtic fans do about it ???
I would suggest that since these clubs keep telling us that they dont need us that we put that to the test, lets pick 2 or 3 grounds and bhoycott them, see how they get on without the Celtic fans, i know thats very hard to do, but we would only have to do it once, they would soon see they would be in an even more terrible state without us, it would also give us an oppertunity to drive a better deal on ticket pricing and catering. This could obviously only be achieved with the full backing of the Celtic fans, but it could be done, its time for us to sand up for ourselves and our team.

I never heard about that article by Waddell but thats an outrage, the thing that annoys me is that they get away with it.

I think you make very good points about the Bhoycotts. I think if you are serious about them then the CSA need to write and e-mail to every member club and other bodies AICSC'S etc, Celtic themselves, other websites TAL Forum, Huddleboard, Celtic Underground etc.

I dont know if you's already do, but do you not think producing a monthley e-mail newlsetter for member clubs in regards to situations like this - anti-Celtic bias in the media whether it be newspapers,radio, television naming the culprets as well, bhoycotts, ticket situations, events and appeals the Kevin McDade Fund, etc would be a good way of guaging support, opinion and weather bhoycotts etc can take place with the support.

It would be be good for the busses to show the members it at there meetings and on the bus etc.

braebhoy

Postby braebhoy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:49 am

Joe
I agree about the boycott pick a few clubs we know who they are
Plan it for second half of season to allow idea and motive to set in with the fans
I am sick of all these people slagging our club and ripping off our fans
But i also know fans of other clubs (all good guys) who go on about celtic prices being too steep when they visit paradise
As for the laptop loyal i dont buy any of them i buy the independent could read it all day
After the thugs and thieves story on my club i vowed i would not fund any of their coffers
There are enough celtic websites to get information and sensible debate and arguments without the vitriol of the hun press

tim4life1997

Postby tim4life1997 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:24 pm

soz mate but i think the sunday mail is a good paper that:poop:gordon waddell doesnt know what he's talkin about and i usually skip that bit of the paper anyways he supports falkirk so just let him talk

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:42 pm

[SIZE=3:29910666]Good point about waiting to the second half of the season to gather support for the idea of a bhoycott. I know a bhoycott wouldn’t be popular with everyone but we have to take some action[/SIZE:29910666]

belmullet bhoy

Postby belmullet bhoy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:45 am

the tide is changing at parkhead ,the fans deserve more with the setanta deal gone the prices are going to increase home and away,boycott might be the only option,hail hail

paradise found

Postby paradise found » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:11 am

lets start with murderwell this season.ps can i also suggest killie robbin b*****ds.

max

Postby max » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:33 pm

The classic today was Gordon Smith saying he plans to "cap salaries" in the SPL in todays 'Shitty Rectum'!
I don't buy the rag, but living abroad I'm sometimes drawn to its web site through articles on News Now.
When I pointed out, on their 'comments' space below the article, that this clown was coming out with this statement only days after the huns admited that they could very shortly be unable, financially, to renew players contracts, my 'comment' was removed!
You truly couldn't make it up!!

fifertam

Postby fifertam » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:13 pm

:jump::doh:

EDN1CSC

Postby EDN1CSC » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:30 pm

The classic today was Gordon Smith saying he plans to "cap salaries" in the SPL in todays 'Shitty Rectum'!
I don't buy the rag, but living abroad I'm sometimes drawn to its web site through articles on News Now.
When I pointed out, on their 'comments' space below the article, that this clown was coming out with this statement only days after the huns admited that they could very shortly be unable, financially, to renew players contracts, my 'comment' was removed!
You truly couldn't make it up!!

Typical hun rag!!

Return to “CSA News”