Tommy Burns his memory lives on

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Tommy Burns his memory lives on

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:35 pm

I had the honour and pleasure last night of attending the premiere of the new DVD about the life and times of Tommy, its titled " faithful Through & Through; The Tommy Burns Story", as you would expect it was a very emotional night, particularly for Rosemary, Emma, Jenna, Michael and Jonathan, who were joined by Celtic's Cheif Executive Peter Lawwell and his family, as well as many of Tommy's friends and colleagues.
I was a bit apprehensive at first, a lot of DVD's that come out now are just a compilation of stuff you have seen before, but Tony Hamilton who wrote and produced this one seems to have got it spot on, there is a lot of new material, and although its very moving, it has lots of funny moments as well, obviously that would please tommy.
The film starts off in the East End of Glasgow, its narrated by Scottish actor and Celtic fan Peter Mullan, it follows Tommys life from his childhood right through his playing and managerial days, to the very emotional funeral in his beloved St Mary's, i'll never forget Tommy, i'm sure no Celtic fan ever will
I would encourage all Celtic fans to purchase this DVD, and when you watch it make sure you have plenty of tissues handy, it show Tommy exactly as he was, a great family man with fantastic faith, a very wonderful and caring person who had time for everyone.
Once again congratulations to Tony Hamilton and his team, they done a brilliant job.
"You'll Never Walk Alone Tommy"

Tosh7

Re: Tommy Burns his memory lives on

Postby Tosh7 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:04 pm

Looking forward very much to seeing this DVD.
I've heard from a few people who were there how good it is so I'm sure it'll be everything you say and more.

Hail Hail

Return to “CSA News”