New Bus Exit Plan for Celtic Park

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

New Bus Exit Plan for Celtic Park

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:50 pm

Celtic along with Strathclyde Police are bringing in a new exit plan for buses leaving the coach park, these new measures will come into effect on Wednesday April 8th after the match against Falkirk, the police and stewards will hand out leaflets at the game against Hamilton on Saturday April 4th.
I dont want to pre-judge this new plan, but i dont think it will work, i think there should have been consultation with the most important people, namely the fans that use the coach park.
Basically what they are proposing is, that all coaches will exit the coach park and head east on London road and join the M74 at Fullarton, you will then have to proceed along the dual cariageway to either junction 4 or 5 to continue your journey, it looks to me that, unless you are actually heading east then you are being sent a detour, especially if you are heading west, and in particular if you are heading south-west to catch a ferry to Ireland.
Hopefully we can get the map put on this to see if it helps, i would be interested to hear any comments supporters may have.

Please find attached a detailed PDF from the Strathclyde Police which inlcudes maps and all relevent information.

Joe O'Rourke

Re: New Bus Exit Plan for Celtic Park

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:55 am

I need to add that, this proposal will not be in operation at all games versus the "Sons of Satan", and certain European matches, they will then revert back to the current proceedure.

Return to “CSA News”