Celtic treated as hooligans at Ibrox once again

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
Joe O'Rourke

Celtic treated as hooligans at Ibrox once again

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:01 pm

In a recent article i said that Sir Minty had insulted the Celtic fans by branding us hooligans and banning us from castle Greyskull,well it would appear that this muppet hasn't learned any lessons.
I was along with all other Celtic fans(including females) searched before gaining entry to the game on Saturday,personally for those of you who dont know me,i am 57 years of age,i dont think i look menacing,others may disagree with that,i drove our clubs bus on Saturday,so i did not have a drink,therefore i could not understand why i was searched before going into the game,i asked the steward if this was Rangers policy,and did it happen at every game???,he replied that he was a Celtic steward,and agreed with my complaint,i told him i would be taking it further,he concurred with that as well.
So on Tuesday i sent my congratulation to Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell,i also informed him of what had happened outside Ibrox,he thanked me for my best wishes and said he had passed my complaint to Celtic's head of security Ronnie Hawthorn.
Further to that i recieved an e-mail from Ronnie today at lunch time,he tells me that he had contacted the person responsible for the security on Saturday at Ibrox,this guy claims that it was to be random searches on Saturday,as i think would happen at every game,he also says that the Celtic stewards on duty would not be carrying out searches.
This begs a number of questions,were the stewards at the Celtic end acting on their own initiative??,or were they acting under instruction,i think the latter would be the case,why did the police stand and watch this all going on??,i was under the impression,that to be searched,a crime had to be committed,or there had to be reasonable grounds for believeing that a crime was about to be committed,so it looks like Sir Minty has struck again,its a good job his forwards weren't as forceful in their job.
I have now made an official complaint to Ronnie Hawthorn,and have asked him to investigate it to the full,anyone who would like to comment,or has other information can either reply on here,or e-mail me at [EMAIL="joseph.orourke3@ntlworld.com"]joseph.orourke3@ntlworld.com[/EMAIL:e907a81d]

max

Re: Celtic treated as hooligans at Ibrox once again

Postby max » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:06 pm

Were rearrangers 'supporters' treated the same?
If not, I can only imagine a hope that some Celtic supporters might be found to be carrying something they shouldn't. Now wouldn't that be a handy hun media deflection!

Keep it good guys! (like I need to tell you)
WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:05 pm

I dont think they were searched to the same extent,the chief of police praised the fans after the game,so it would appear that Moanbeams cunning plot failed miserably again,just like his team

EDN1CSC

Postby EDN1CSC » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:37 pm

I doubt the stewards well all acting on there own initiative as i and several others i know got searched as well, they have been told i would think by there supervisors to search people.

sincy

Postby sincy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:53 pm

Hi all
generally as part of entry to most liciensed premises or event the oraganises follow guidelines and can lay down conditions to entry, like your club, pub night club, this could be a dress code, a search policy, so when we attend these places or events we are agreeing to these conditions as part of entry conditions, and if we do not agree we do not have to enter, basically with most events that have open invatations the management can deny anyone entry without reason, Celtic take parkhead stewards with them when playing away, this is to prevent other stewards being bias, as in the event of problems it would hopefully be a celtic steward making the report, a fair and unbias factual report, not all clubs do this, these searches can be bag searches, clothing searches and also the use of sniffer dogs as in England, and is to protect us all when supporting our team, so who would you prefer to check you, one of your own or someone else ?, and off course as part of the procedure you have to give your permission to be searched, if permission is not given you may be refused entry, Celtic as a club are making big efforts and spending money to raise the standards of the stewards and the enjoyment, safety of all the fans at the game,
Have a good one

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:12 pm

As a matter of fact, it was not Celtic stewards that were carrying out the searches, Celtic only had safety stewrds on duty inside the ground, they are not licenced to search you, the whole point of the matter is, why should all Celtic fans be searched???, it is well known that they have a right to search, but only on the basis of thinking there is the possibity of a security breach.

max

Postby max » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:21 pm

Even a police officer (and there must be at least 2 present) must show 'reasonable cause' to search anyone and if it's proven in court that they did not, would result in all evidence recieved from the illegal search being inadmissable in court, exactly what guidlines do these stewards opperate under?
Surely they don't opperate outwith the law or indeed have more powers of search than our own police force.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:09 am

I met with Ronnie Hawthorn Celtic's head of security on Monday, we discussed not only Ibrox, but the security operation at Aberdeen, there seemed to be a lot of spotter patrols going around taking video evidence, again this can only be done if there is due cause, like assuming that a crime is being committed, or is about to be committed, the video would then be used in court as evidence.

sincy

Postby sincy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:42 pm

Hi all
Beg to differ on the searching issue, as part of you entering or proir to you being admitted the appropriate stewards have the right to ask to search you, they do not need any suspicions or cause, generally it would be logistically impossible to search several thousand fans, if you do not concent you may be refused entry, during the Man utd game at old trafford the celtic fans were searched several times and sniffer dogs were used before entry this was done by basically funneling the fans through a gauntlet of stewards, The visiting something fans were video taped by police at parkhead openly, and again if the appropriate signage is displayed and the guidelines followed this is quite in order, The company or one of the companies that cover Ibrox and other places, have stewards some who are regimented, bias and little robots, this is not only the fault of the stewards but the management of these companies, how many times you heard of one of our supporters at parkhead being directed to the opposite side of the stadium to get in, again never been to Ibrow with celtic but know and have seen the misbehaviour of the Rangers and Aberdeen fans no matter where they go, searching is good, keeps us all safe and for families a better atmosphere, so hopefully next time any of us are searched we will say, yes no problem SIR and have a nice day,

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:00 pm

That response doesn't surprise me coming from a steward, you might be happy to be treated like a criminal, i certainly am not

Return to “CSA News”