Celtic treated as hooligans at Ibrox once again

All CSA News is picked up from here and published on Newsnow.co.uk
davittcsc

Re: Celtic treated as hooligans at Ibrox once again

Postby davittcsc » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi all
Beg to differ on the searching issue, as part of you entering or proir to you being admitted the appropriate stewards have the right to ask to search you, they do not need any suspicions or cause, generally it would be logistically impossible to search several thousand fans, if you do not concent you may be refused entry, during the Man utd game at old trafford the celtic fans were searched several times and sniffer dogs were used before entry this was done by basically funneling the fans through a gauntlet of stewards, The visiting something fans were video taped by police at parkhead openly, and again if the appropriate signage is displayed and the guidelines followed this is quite in order, The company or one of the companies that cover Ibrox and other places, have stewards some who are regimented, bias and little robots, this is not only the fault of the stewards but the management of these companies, how many times you heard of one of our supporters at parkhead being directed to the opposite side of the stadium to get in, again never been to Ibrow with celtic but know and have seen the misbehaviour of the Rangers and Aberdeen fans no matter where they go, searching is good, keeps us all safe and for families a better atmosphere, so hopefully next time any of us are searched we will say, yes no problem SIR and have a nice day,

Maybe you are happy to be treated like a suspected criminal because you're a football fan, but I am not. When was the last time an illegal weapon was used to commit a crime inside a football stadium in Scotland? Why wouldn't everybody be safe at this match as to thousands before them?
It was the police that were doing seaches on everybody at the turnstiles I entred. This wasn't just degrading, but leading to a massive queue. This was probably the biggest risk to public order as everybody was desperate to get in. When I asked why I was being seached I was giving a 'bawling out' and told to "shut it or I wasn't getting in". He was right though as I have no right to question a public servant:mad:
As for crowd spotters at Aberdeen. The majority of these were Celtic stewards so they can't pass the buck there. This isn't the first time this season, home or away, that this lot have abused their power and it's time something was done.

max

Postby max » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:25 pm

WELL SAID JOE!
We should all expect ourselves, wives, sons and daughters to be basically manhandled by some arse on a fiver an hour!
AYE FECKIN' RIGHT!!
It's a feckin outrage!
Sincy, have you ever heard of a thing called 'Civil liberty' ?
You sir are an arse, and typifies exactly the problem, I don't live in the UK, and have very few opportunities to visit Scotland, but I'm not 57 years of age, and would be more than happy doing 6 months, if you or any of your collegues laid a hand on any of my family, then your problems begin, and I'll tell you what, a fiver an hour wouldn't cover your grief!!

sincy

Postby sincy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi all
and cannot believe what I have just read, name calling and threts, how many out there are reading this and agreeing, or why arent folks making comments about what was just said, can you explain the arse bit, and what typifies the problem, Celtic FC make the rules not me or anyone else, Celtic FC, your prepared to do 6 months if asked legally and lagitimately to be searched or asked for a ticket situation, and cause me grief for doing my job for Celtic, coming from a steward, my comments here was to assist in clearing things up,
have a good one

sincy

Postby sincy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:04 pm

hi all
Hi Joe, I certainly do not, the same as everyone here, but why should I be treated like somthing you get on your shoe when in a park, threatened by fans and basically thought of as brainless etc, there are issues on all sides, what I do know is that if the bulk of folks here had to endure what some stewards do at their work place or local they would not like it and would not put up with it, and hey now that I mention it why doesnt everyone read the responses, responces, I got on other threads name calling and vailed threats, why the hassle. hatred and resentment, are the stewards so bad ?, I treat all as I like to be treated with respect and dignity, I work in areas where if I did not I would simply be squashed into the ground, and expect to be treat the same. have a good one

max

Postby max » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:37 pm

What happened Sincy, did you fail the Police medical (lack of moral fibre), or were you afraid of working on the streets as a traffic warden all alone (safety in numbers eh!)?
I've yet to decide whether you were the bully or the bullied when you were at school, although I'd guess at bullied, bullies usually go on to better things than your good self, drug dealing, loan sharking and such!
have a good one.

Joe O'Rourke

Postby Joe O'Rourke » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:16 pm

This whole debate started when i contested the right of the stewards and police to search every Celtic fan going into snake mountain, at no time did i say they didn't have the law on their side, but anyone with any moral fibre and any pride in themselves would object to being searched for no apparent reason, as for whats happening at Celtic park, thats a different argument altogether.
I have no doubt there are people who cause problems at games, thats only natural at a contest with 60,000 spectators present, but if you think you can police them in a manner which treats them all like criminals, your far mistaken, there ar major problems with communication between stewards and fans, it seems to be the stewards are right, so just accept it, in the case of banners, they have to meet certain criteria, like being fire-resistant, their size, and who is in charge of said banner, i dont know if this is portrayed to the fans carrying the banner.As for singing offensive songs, that cant be defended, if you are sitting with your kids you want them to enjoy and learn from the experience, you certainly dont want them to be faced with confrontation at every game.
I dont know if its job-protection with some stewards, do they think, the more trouble with fans, then the safer their job is. I would ask the stewards to consider this, the majority of fans they face at Celtic park are well behaved Celtic fans, they are there to see their team win, and to support them as best they can, the last thing they need is cofrontation on our own ground, we get enough of that at away grounds.

sincy

Postby sincy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi Joe, Max
No max not bullied or the other, never applied for the bizzies, well said and put joe, the only thing that I can add is if any supporter has issues with stewards ask for details, number, not only for negative reporting but also for positive reasons too, communication problems, O yes, the difference betwean " hey you take that flag doon or else " and " Hi, Im bloggs, any chance of you taking the flag down, please, followed by you need permission for a flag etc and I can ask it you can keep it up, or who you need to get permission from", never embarres, belittle or make anyone loose face, most reasonable folks will work with you and appreciate the respect given to them, hopefully from all these discussion some of the readers can see both CSA and especially the stewarding companies are trying to raise their games and provide the service the fans need and want after paying £20 up for a ticket. no fans = no Celtic = no stewards. No stewards = no game, have a good one.

garngad bhoy

Postby garngad bhoy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:36 pm

i was at the aberdeen game up there, i was searched, photographed by the police,i asked one of the police why,he told me to move on.i will never attend this midden again,the toilet facilietes are a disgrace:shame::shame::shame:

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:06 pm

Hi all
and cannot believe what I have just read, name calling and threts, how many out there are reading this and agreeing, or why arent folks making comments about what was just said, can you explain the arse bit, and what typifies the problem, Celtic FC make the rules not me or anyone else, Celtic FC, your prepared to do 6 months if asked legally and lagitimately to be searched or asked for a ticket situation, and cause me grief for doing my job for Celtic, coming from a steward, my comments here was to assist in clearing things up,
have a good one

have to say sincy im reading this and to me the guy has a point u do come across as a arse hail!hail! keep it real

sincy

Postby sincy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi Nelmo
fortunately I try never to reread ny posts incase I do come across as an arse, and usually it takes folks quite a few before they come to this conclusion, Im not really, my point if it came across probably got lost in my ramblings, Like so many places now, shopping entertainment etc, the minute we enter or try to enter we are agreeing to so many house rules, which can be found under conduct in most web sites, I try to keep it real as ever made the mistake of making it a real arse, have a good one, and thanks for keeping it real, and from the smiling steward, have a nice day.

Return to “CSA News”